or Connect

Posts by Steph1

I'm considering CBE and looking around.  This one does really look good, but the instructor requirement is that you have had natural births.  I haven't had a completely natural birth, so I wouldn't qualify.  :(  I get disappointed when organizations require that, a lot of us have learned a lot from our not so natural births that we want to pass on to others. 
I realize that this is an old thread.  Hi, I'm the chapter leader of ICAN in Tulsa!  There are homebirth midwives who might attend a homebirth VBA4C, but there are no hospital-based midwives (CNMs) in the state that I know of who will.  There is also only one doctor in the entire state that will attend VBAMC, and he is here in Tulsa.  Dr. John Thompson works here in Tulsa at St. Francis hospital.  We had a mom who had a VBA3C last year, and he attended her birth.  Best...
 Ah, thanks Heather!
It has been awhile since I posted any updates here, so I wanted to let everyone know that the Tulsa chapter of ICAN is still alive and meeting LOL!  We did not meet in December since the 4th Saturday fell on Christmas Day, but we will be having our regular meeting in January.  It will be next Saturday, January 22nd at Kaiser Library in Tulsa from 10:30 am to noon.  Children are welcome.  We will be having an open forum this month, so bring your questions, comments,...
Heather, are CNMs allowed to attend homebirths?
Just send me a message with your email address, and I'll add you (or are you the person who just emailed me?). Anybody is welcome to our meetings. You don't have to be an ICAN subscriber to attend, but we do recommend it. And due to Cesarean Awareness Month, you can subscribe for a discounted fee (but let us know, don't do it through the website or we don't get any cut on the subscriber fee ).
Hi everyone, just wanted to let anyone know who's interested that our monthly ICAN meeting is this Saturday the 24th at 3-4:30 pm at Kaiser Library (51st & Hudson by LaFortune Park). Since April is Cesarean Awareness Month we are doing a positive letter-writing campaign. We will be sending thank you cards to the physicians who attend VBACs, and the hospitals that support them. If you would like to be added to my email list to receive info about our local chapter...
Wow, talk about a last minute announcement! We are meeting today at 2:00, and will be watching the ICAN webinar "Journey to VBAC: What You Need to Know". Renaissance Birth Center, 2-3:30. If you'd like to be on our email list, please PM or email me. We meet every 3rd Saturday.
Hi, I'm the co-leader for ICAN of Tulsa. ICAN is International Cesarean Awareness Network. Our January meeting is scheduled for this Saturday, the 16th, from 2:00-3:30. We meet at Renaissance Maternity Center at 33rd and Peoria. Our topic for this month is "When VBAC turns into CBAC - Dealing With an Unexpected Birth Outcome". We have some exciting meeting topics planned for 2010, which includes viewing some great ICAN webinars. If anyone has any suggestions for...
Hi everyone! I just wanted to send out a reminder about our July meeting, next Saturday, July 18th. Susan Martinez, licensed marital & family therapist, will speak to us about emotional recovery after a cesarean section. We meet from 2:00-3:30 pm at Renaissance Birth Center, 1217 E 33rd St, which is 33rd & Peoria in Tulsa. We hope to see you all this coming Saturday! Stephanie & Kay Tulsa C-Section and VBAC Support Group