or Connect

Posts by Steph1

I do not have any side effects with domperidone. I get migraines, but I always have, they don't seem any worse with dom. I am currently on 130 mg per day, weaning down from 150 mg.
Oh, Sarah, to obtain domperidone, see the Domperidone FAQ thread on either page 1 or 2. I get mine from an online overseas pharmacy. The only way to get it in the US is from a compounding pharmacy and it's really expensive.
Quote: Originally Posted by sarahandlily thanks for sharing your story! i too have IGT and i have a couple of more questions... do you find the domperidone to be helping? if you did not have a script, where did you get if from? what are your thoughts about the mothers milk blend? i too will be trying to bf for the 3rd time. i have emersed myself in research and finally found a medical person who at least acts interested but is also...
Quote: Syd is screaming everytime I try to use it. And the times I've use it, it take 20 minutes for her to take in 10ccs. I am using the "white" tubing and wondering if I should go bigger. Its breaking my heart that she screams at the breast so much with the SNS. We are both crying by the time I give up. Also I can't figure out where the tube should be...in the center of lip or to the side of her mouth? Why is this so hard? Sue, I am so, so...
Quote: Originally Posted by prothyraia Well, he'd also have to wait a minute for mom to make a bottle of formula Well, that is so true! Although I do have mine ready, but that's just me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama If slow let-down is the problem, maybe she could pump (or hand-express) for a minute or two to get the milk flowing before the babe latches??? Sure, but sometimes a hungry baby can't wait one minute!
IGT mom too. I used the SNS for 3.5 mos. I have a LA, but never tried it. I think if my baby had fed more at night, I would've tried it so I could've nursed lying down (he's been sleeping through the night for some time, don't hate me : ). If you use an SNS, I'd recommend having more than 1. It makes it easier in those early days when you're feeding so often, if it's still dirty from the last feeding, no prob. I also used Medela Micro-Clean Steam bags (or whatever...
[QUOTE=Autoemesiss;9107415]I have a hospital grade pump and today I just got a SNS. I don't know what my problem in using it though, I have some sort of mental block. : Can you explain this more? Maybe some of us SNS-users can help you with this.
I think it's a difficult thing to deal with low supply (whatever the cause), and it's common for babies of moms with low supply to prefer the bottle. The flow is faster, they don't have to wait for let-down (which can take longer with low supply), they don't have to work as hard. Is she interested in using a supplemental nursing system? That might help. She should probably see an LC, doctors often know very little about BFing. When my baby started rejecting the...
Hi! I have IGT and I'm nursing my 4.5 mo old DS. I wanted to get (& give) some support, and I have some questions for y'all: Do you use an SNS or breast/bottle combo? I used an SNS for the 1st 3.5 mos, although not exclusively. He would get about 1/2 of his supplement from the SNS & 1/2 from the bottle. I quit the SNS when he started rejecting the breast. I think he didn't want that tube in his mouth anymore. I had a goal of long-term & exclusive supplementing...