or Connect

Posts by lauracolvin

yes, I definitely wouldn't trade the breastfeeding in for sex!!! maybe I'll have to inquire about an estrogen cream. I didn't have an episiotomy but I did have a 39 hour labor with 5 hrs of pushing Toby nurses a LOT....somedays it seems that's all he wants and I nurse about 6 times a day plus once or twice at night...considering he's 13 months old that's a lot...but I won't stop him, because he's got a lot of tummy troubles and at least I know the breastmilk may stand...
my mother in law is running a preschool like the AP one you are dreaming up in Sedona AZ. One of the things I think is definitely important to her is that the preschool is mixed age...all ages together....children learn so much from different aged children...she has babies through to five year olds. Older girls especially seem to like imitating the baby care stuff...she lets them take diapers out of their diaper drawers and they diaper their cloth dolls....they make...
search the archives...there was a post about a month ago or so about air flights with children that had some BRILLIANT responses! it was either here or on life w/ a babe.
does anyone have experience with sex getting better seeming to correspond with an end to breastfeeding? this is my hubby's hunch ...not that I would dream of stopping nursing for such a selfish reason, but I think it would help dh to know that an end may be in sight to this dry spell!!!
I'm still having problems making sex not painful at 12 months. I really need a ballpark here to see whether this is really abnormal considering my son still breastfeeds a LOT...I figured many of y'all probably have breastfed more than "conventional" mothers did as well, and since so many seem to think breastfeeding is a factor with painful sex I figured I'd poll here.... so how long until sex was not painful for you??
A NOTE ABOUT THE GARTERS FROM MY CHIROPRACTER.....you gals are right...they don't just "look wrong" for a reason....a baby's head is full of VERY movable plates, and the slightest pressure on these plates can indeed influence the way the cranium is shaped which can lead to many many problems. (plus they look ridiculous in my opinion, too!!!!) I just checked out the Hanna Anderson catalog online...you're all so right...the clothes in their catalog are beautiful and most...
wow...sugar! I'm guilty of cravings too...it helps me to keep in mind that sugar is a WHITE POWDER substance...it really is!!!! It's very addicting and you get highs and lows from it.
wow-these tips are great!! we are travelling from Phoenix to London with Toby next month...he will be almost 13 months old. We have a 2 hour layover in Chicago just before bedtime...I like the idea of burning off energy before the trip. Sara Mama, do you have any ideas about how to adjust a 13 month old for a BIG time change?? we will be gaining 8 hours....I'm going to start putting him to bed a little earlier each week until we leave....so on the last week I'll have him...
how inspiring!!! we have our Toby's first birthday coming up and the toy issue has always been a big one. I will only do wooden and cloth toys but some family members just don't understand why....the reason, of course, is because these toys usually don't overstimulate. I work at a preschool and have observed that usually children play well together until a plastic toy is introduced, and then they get into fighting over it....just an observation. Toby prefers to play with...
this is my first year gardening and I have a crawling/cruising baby to boot! here is my deal : we live in a high altitude climate that has a rather short growing season, and our yard has lots of ponderosa pines, so although I have space for a garden , it is rather shady, with dappled sunlight in some places. I have spotted about three very small patches that do get some sun throughout the day, but what do i plant everywhere else?? I think a lawn is boring, and since we...