or Connect

Posts by Birth Junky

Things have been really rough for the last several months, but some things are finally falling into place--we're pretty moved in at this point, although DH still has a ton to do at the old place. And my dad had an MRI today that showed no new tumor growth, which is fantastic after the last several monthly scans. : And everything is looking GREAT for the HBAC; I had an ultrasound yesterday, and the tech couldn't even see my scar on the monitor, baby has plenty of fluid...
I've been lurking around here since the beginning of this pregnancy, rarely finding the words to say much . . . our lives have been insane, and I've been feeling shy & overwhelmed. My dad has been going through cancer treatments for a brain tumor recurrence, and we made the tough decision to move into a house with my parents, which meant we had to ready my parents' place for sale (the house they had lived in since I was 4), get it on the market, pack up both houses, and...
Sara: Woo-hoo! Hopefully you haven't posted because you're busy. : Lots of peaceful labor & birthing vibes coming your way . . .
We weren't going to have any ultrasounds done during my pregnancy with DD, because we were planning a homebirth and the midwives didn't offer u/s. However, at 29 weeks there was concern over lack of growth and DD's position, so we ended up getting referred in for u/s, which kicked off nearly two months of constant monitoring culminating in a c-section at 37 weeks. This time around, we are planning a homebirth again, and again won't plan on an ultrasound. If the...
I hear ya, avivaelona . . . I'm having intermittent, less severe morning sickness this time around (with DD I was sick all the time, until the day she was born--it was dreadful), and everyone keeps telling me "you must be having a boy!"
Jumping into the DDC for the first time with this pregnancy, and so glad to see this thread--it's great to know that there are so many other mamas heading down the same road (and having done it before in the past!); I'm glad we have such a wealth of knowledge & support to draw from. I even know one of you guys IRL (hi, Sara! It's Bryn from LLL/API!). Haven't noticed a supply drop myself yet, but definitely DEFINITELY experiencing the pain. It tends to be worst at...
Had a c-section in March of '06 and just found out two days ago that I am pregnant with #2 . . . we will be planning for an HBAC at the end of this year. Mine was a scheduled c-section at 37 weeks due to a combination of breech positioning, IUGR and oligohydramnios, so I never experienced labor the first time around--I feel like a bit of a fraud, going into this one with a child but with no first-hand knowledge of labor itself.
Quote: Originally Posted by jtsmom I didn't even realize how old this post was. Sorry. I hope your new heating system works better than the old one. Yes, ma'am--we've got a lovely gas furnace now that works a treat. However, this time we OWN the house (or rather, the bank owns it and kindly lets us live in it), so if anything happens to the furnace it is on our heads to fix it. (*knocks wood*)
Thanks, mamas, for all of your wise advice--hopefully this thread will be a helpful surprise to someone who needs it. We, however, moved out of that house a year after I started this thread . . . so the woodstove is someone else's problem now!