or Connect

Posts by Birth Junky

Just a Brendon . . . those sound like unsettling, scary dreams.
Cari--GORGEOUS! Absolutely gorgeous. The dryad on my back took three hours. It hurt like . . . well, let's just say that I finally got to use my controlled breathing techniques from childbirth preparation! And my friend is . . . well, she is doing okay. She is very sad that the accident ever happened (she has a seven year old son who had to be kept away from the hospital for two weeks, because the sight of her would've been so traumatic for him). She will have a...
Can't wait to see, Cari! Yeah, I've been trying to show lots of support from up here . . . sending mail every day, care packages to distract her and make her more comfortable (lotions and lip balms to deal with the dry hospital air, new bedding to help with the awful hospital smell). And of course, calling multiple times a day. I just can't wait to get DOWN there in person . . .
First and foremost, to Karen--CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sorry I haven't been around--usually I at least manage to subscribe to the thread by this time in the month! But it has been a horrible, horrible time . . . My best friend and soul sister was in a near-fatal accident--she crashed a snowmobile into a tree, wasn't wearing a helmet, her fiance had to drag her a half a mile to the nearest cabin so that they could call for help . . . she was airlifted out and was in the...
Well, I went out and found her a nice pillow with medium support and a couple of organic cotton pillowcases to go with it, as well as a nice squishy throw made out of microsuede and down alternative . . . hopefully it will make her bed a little cozier. I got one of those space bags to pack them in and sucked all of the air out of it--can't believe how small they got! I should be able to fit all of the bedding into one of the big flat-rate boxes at the post office. I...
becoming, love the book--I ordered a copy from Amazon that will arrive at the hospital tomorrow. MisaGoat, love the lotion idea . . . I could put together a little care package with a nice blanket, some snuggly socks . . . off to brainstorm.
Talked to her fiance and posed the same question; I guess DVDs are out because she still can't see anything that's not right in front of her face (she broke most of the bones in her face and is still having hearing/vision issues). She CAN read text messages on phones, which was why I thought perhaps the books might work . . . She can't eat anything because her jaw is still really wonky from the accident and the surgeries. They're going to have to re-break it and set...
My best friend & soul-sister was in a horrible, near fatal accident a few weeks ago, and is still in the hospital (although thankfully out of the ICU!). She is going to be there for another couple of weeks at least, and although I have booked my flight down for a visit I will not be leaving until the 21st. My goal is to send her a piece of mail every day--a couple of cards should be arriving today via Priority Mail, and I sent DH with another card this morning to drop...
3 months post-partum, despite on-demand nursing and co-sleeping. I was ticked. :
Jennisee: If you put the hair into a tree or in your garden, the birds can use it to line their nests. According to the quiz I am also a Zoroastrian pagan . . . hmmmm . . .