or Connect

Posts by earlyworm

Savithny,  your reply is very timely...     I've had DS in bed with us for the last five nights now.  And while I *am* getting more sleep this way than I was when he was in his crib screaming every hour, I woke up this morning feeling pretty stiff and achy.  It was a long night of policing the bedcovers as DS kept grabbing the sheet and pulling it up over his face.  He also sleeps like a windmill in a tornado, limbs going every which way, and the last couple nights...
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!     I feel a little more alive today.  My DH and I did this thing where for two nights he's on duty, and for two I'm on duty.  Baby was in the crib next to the bed and on my duty nights, I dealt with every night waking and of course feedings.  On DHs nights, he dealt with every night waking, and if he couldn't shush baby back down within a minute or so, he brought him to me for a feeding.  That worked out really well, and I felt...
My little guy is three and a half months old.  He's sleeping in a crib in my bedroom, and then ends up in bed with me and DH usually around 2 or 4 AM.  He sometimes does a four hour stretch (AWESOME) but usually he is up every two hours or so.  All.  Night.  Long.  He does a couple of actual feeds at night, but usually just touches his lips to my breast and falls right back to sleep (nice for him, but it takes me 30 minutes to fall back to sleep!).     I know he is...
Okay, I will definitely try out the rolled up receiving blanket.  I do think that the whole problem is having his legs spread like that.  He is a big guy, but still really young and it's easy to forget that he may not be ready to do that position yet.  If that doesn't work, I'm going to go back to the Moby full time and try out the Ergo again once he hits four months or so.  :)     Thanks for the tips!  
I'm new at this too, but I just wanted to say that I used a Moby wrap with my newborn, and he was pretty much done with it by 8 weeks old.  He is a big baby too, already over 15 lbs at 10 weeks, so he was very quickly too heavy for the Moby.  It is also a little too hot in warmer weather.  We're trying to use an Ergo now, and if he ever decides he likes it, I think it will work well for us.  It doesn't feel like it smooshes him to me as much, which I think he'll like....
Here's one for you...     I have a 10 week old, who weighs over 15 pounds.  My arms hurt, so I went ahead and got an Ergo carrier the other day.  The store told me that he was definitely way too big for the infant insert, so I just stuck him in it without.     It's only been three days of this, but every single time I put him in the carrier he cries for a couple minutes, and then falls right to sleep.  It's not even hard crying, just complaining like when he is...
I've been wearing sports bras and just pulling them up with my shirt to breastfeed.  I am looking high and low for a beige colored sports bra myself.  I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone has suggestions.  
Thanks for all the advice!     I did end up trying a 'nursing vacation' the other day and that seemed to work really well.  I sat in our rocker topless for a few hours, and when we were up and about, I made sure to offer him the breast every 30 minutes or so.  He seemed a lot calmer when he got to really snack through the day.  He only had one fussy feeding that day in the evening.  I don't know that we can keep that up (with real life interfering and all that!) but...
I just had a baby!  Yay!  He is six weeks old, and doing well.  He has plenty of wet diapers, yellow poops, and he has lots of happy quiet alert time throughout the day (and some screaming!).  So I *know* that he is getting enough to eat, but I am still weirded out a bit.  I've contacted local La Leche League leaders, but no one has called me back so far, so I'm hoping some of your voices of experience will chime in on this question.  :)     Once he hit the two week...
I think that your birth sounds wonderful!  My husband and I took a Bradley class also, and I'm due with my first baby in two weeks.  You can only do so much as far as educating yourself on relaxation techniques, and normal labor, and your right to make decisions in the hospital.  SO much of birth is just going to be individual and unpredictable and a surprise.  You went as far as you could go without any interventions at all, and then when the situation warranted them,...