or Connect

Posts by MacKinnon

Oh wow! Many congrats Mama! Welcome to the world baby Jonah!
You can access community help for a lot of this, the utility bill, rent... We have a community action agency that acts as the entry point, and will direct people to whom can provide support. Our Salvation Army has utility assistance funds, as does our department of human services (a limited amount), it shouldn't matter to them that your partner's name is on the bill if you are residing together for the purposes of other support. Make sure your getting other help you can,...
Yay! Congrats Mama!! It sounds like your midwife needs backup...
Congrats Mama!!!
With all three of mine, water broke when I was pushing!
A locking clip cannot be used to fix a broken retractor, but a belt shortening clip can. The locking clip holds the seat in place UNTIL the emergency locking retractor kicks in. In order to use a belt without a working retractor (unless it's got a locking latch plate) you would have to use a belt shortening clip. I would not trust anyone but an experienced Instructor to place one, and I would call ahead. I've been a CPST for 7 years now and a CPST Instructor for 4 years...
Thinking of you and hoping all is well! My nephew was born at 32 weeks two years ago and spent just over two weeks in the NICU. He's a happy, healthy strong nearly two year old now! Best wishes!
Potential trigger (infant loss mentioned):********This story is a big news in Michigan right now. The birth center she lost her baby at is the very same one where I had my beautiful water birth with DD2. The midwives in attendance (CNM's) were also at my birth. My DD, who was breech until 37 weeks. I had the "breech conversation" with them. They laid out all of my options, as I shared above before I knew this story would be brought into this conversation. It was *MY*...
My DD2 (third full-term pregnancy) was persistently breech from the time they started checking until 37 weeks. I have never, in all my pregnancies been more uncomfortable. Baby's do not fit that way!!! My belly looked all funny and misshapen! My midwives weren't worried until that last week or so, they kept telling me she had lots of time and room to turn. I was worried. I did chiro care, swimming, heat down low, cold up top, spinning babies, homeopathics... In the last...
We've never brought our kids, although we have brought home a DVD if possible. My DD1, 8 years old, is super disappointed we aren't going to bring her. So much so, in fact, that I have a friend from high school who runs a private 3D ultrasound studio, and I might ask her to do a quick one for the kids. We can bring them, but we aren't, for a couple reasons. It's a school day, and a work day for us. So we would have to take them 40 min to the appt., there for a couple...