or Connect

Posts by MacKinnon

Congrats!! I was also SHOCKED to find out DS was a boy. My pregnancy was *just like* DD1's. SOOOO similar, I was just sure he was a girl. So sure that I kept asking the US tech if she was sure, LOL! And he had kindly provided a nice shot of the goods. And then, I had a follow up to a very low placenta and asked again to double check, if he was "still a boy." Yep. Still a boy. And then again, after my car accident at 38 weeks, yep, STILL a boy. And sure enough, he was!!
I had mine encapsulated with DD2. I think it helped ward off the baby blues, for real. However, with this one, we are probably delivering at the hospital again (boo) and won't be able to keep the placenta. I hope they will at least let me make a print, that was pretty cool! I will say, there is no way I could EAT it, like as in a slice of placenta fried up, or a smoothie. Despite knowing that I "ate" mine, it's totally different when freeze dried and in capsules!!
I agree that whenever at all possible, the seat should be used tethered. However, some seats perform as well, or very close to as well, without a tether as well as with a tether. As a soon to be Mom of four, I WILL have a child in a forward facing harness, in the back row, without a tether, it's reality for me and in my car. I am not putting my two rear-facing kids in the back row. So, I chose a seat that doesn't require a tether and performs nearly as well untethered as...
I often have the same problem We have three (right now) and my DS is in a harnessed seat and likes to sit in the back with his sister. There is no way to put them side by side, so DS has to go un-tethered when he is back there. We were careful in our seat selection to choose one that does not require the use of the tether over a certain weight and performs well without the tether. Once baby comes in September, he will be back there full time. In choosing to put your...
Yes we do! We slather them all up We're cautious about what we use because DD has very sensitive skin. She also has a darker complexion and doesn't burn (or hasn't). But DS is very fair and has burned before despite my best efforts to educate MIL about the need to keep reapply when they're in the water.
I would not recommend either of those seats to be bought new for a 3 year old. Yes, she'll still fit, and could for a few years, or you could buy one that will last much longer. If she is rear-facing my first thought would be a Radian. if she is forward-facing, you don't need a convertible, you need a combination that will turn into a booster. Like the Evenflo Maestro or the Graco Nautilus/Argo. Both of those can be found for $150 or under (the Maestro is way under, like...
Hey there everyone! I had a conference out of town this week and a wonderful two night/three day mini-break from my kiddos. I'm not big on "kid breaks" in fact, I've never left my DD2 and my DH and I have never done a weekend away or something. I usually adore being with them and treasure my time home from work, but they've been on my last nerve and I was so glad to have a little break! They did great with DH, and everyone (and the house) was all in one piece when I got...
I also have terrible acne. I don't recall this symptom before. In any of my pregnancies. I have a zit so big my DH asked "what that was on my face."
With my first we had just the 20 week. With my second we did an early u/s for dating, because I had no clue how far along I was (turned out I was about 7 weeks), the 20 week, a follow up at 36 weeks due to a very low lying placenta AND another at 38 weeks because I was in a car crash. With my third, we did two early viability u/s, one at 6 wks and one at 8 wks. And the 20 week, and that's it. With my fourth, we did the early u/s, I'm doing the first trimester screen at...
We moved our preschooler out of the family bed and into bed with Daddy in the months preceeding baby's arrival. Baby is up a lot at night, and so am I, to change diapers, or wet PJ's, or whatever. It didn't work to have everyone in one room. But we are a co-sleeping family through and through! So, when DS came when DD was 3, Daddy and DD slept in a double in her room, and I slept with baby in the master. Then when DD2 came along when DS was 3, we moved around rooms. Our...