or Connect

Posts by MacKinnon

Dahlia got it! Yes, definitely check your expiration's. Your convertibles might no longer be good. You'll also want to check them for recalls. If you end up having to replace them, many parents just buy two bases for the infant seat for starters. And as Dahlia said, not all convertibles fit newborns well. What year are your cars? Do you know where you have LATCH? Some seats, like the Chicco Keyfit and the Snugride35, install really well with a seatbelt. As far as...
By 4, I would totally let them choose. Really, if they were kicking up a huge fuss by 3.5 or so I would probably be OK turning. My big kids had 33lb RFing seats, so we didn't have that issue!
Wow! You guys are impressive Today I had: B: whole wheat toast with Nutella and a glass of milk L: small bowl of the kids Annie's Mac & Cheese and a handful of grapes S: Cheez-it's Yesterday B: Greek yogurt and granola S: Fiber bar L: Cottage cheese and peaches and a banana D: Kale chips and an orange It might not seem like it, but I am really trying to eat more than just crackers, which is about all that really sounds good.
I'm mostly in the "feeling not pregnant" camp... In fact I totally freaked out before my appointment last week because I was SURE I wasn't pregnant anymore. They found the heartbeat right away. I also have been told I look like I've lost weight, and although I haven't really, my thighs are mysteriously noticeable slimmer. Now, my DH says I definitely look pregnant and people are just not going to say "oh, you look pregnant!" But, after about 5 days of this feeling not...
That is what my DH is planning to get eventually. I don't think I would want it for our family van, because we need the extra space of a full sized van, but we are going to have four kids and a golden retriever to fit in. DH won't need the bigger car all the time, but having him able to take all the kids would be excellent. I've heard mostly good things, the only downside is that with the back bench up there is almost no room behind it, for groceries or anything.
Hyde- I'm IN a wedding in June, and possibly a second in August... It's my sister's wedding in June and my whole entire family is in it... I'm matron of honor. They had me order the dress two sizes up to have it altered down. I've lost a couple pounds to date, which makes me wonder if two sizes was really neccesary but, according to history, I'll look like I'm 5 months in about two weeks! Then my cousin is having a small wedding in August but her maid of honor and only...
You need a mini-van! Problem solved! I'm helpful, I know!
Yeah, this is just ridiculous.. I'm glad they live on the other side of the ocean. My Dad has three sisters and a brother. My Dad only talks to one sister, L. And then his brother talks to the other two sisters. The sisters have some limited communications. The cousins, there are 10 of us, have mostly fallen along party lines. Except that us cousins in the US talk to everyone, as we have no stake in this fight. Now, if you're all still following along, back in the early...
Sorry for the family drama Carlin and EngineeringMama... I'm right there with you... My Dad hung up on me and is now refusing to speak to me because his sister and nieces (his brothers kids) are flying in for my sister's wedding. My Aunt that is coming does not speak to her brother or his kids, my cousins, that are coming to the wedding. Well, we are trying to arrange for a hotel/etc. in this tiny resort town. And suddenly, my Aunt won't stay near my cousins. Really? Why...
Well, we are moving up to a family of four, but we've been at three for a while now. We actually got the mini-van after child #2. Although I don't really adore MY minivan, I pink sparkly heart LOOOOOVE having a mini-van. I have a few friends who have switched for SUV's or cross-overs and miss theirs too. The space inside is great! Most now have at least some seats that stow, so you can fit in a TON of stuff. But with seats up, you can fit in a bunch of kids too. Loading...