or Connect

Posts by MacKinnon

One of my friends from high school just posted a picture of her four children, lined up by age on the couch, all holding signs. The signs read "I'm first!," "I'm second!," "I'm third!" and "I'm LAST fourth!" She titled the picture "Baby #5 joining our family September 1st" (In case that isn't clear, her youngest sons sign said, I'm LAST! but LAST was crossed out and fourth was written below it. Her son also had this priceless surprised expression.) It was SO cute, I...
I'm going to move this over to Family Safety. We've got many great car seat techs and experienced car seat advocates that post and can help you out! At 16 months, your baby should be moving into a rear-facing convertible seat. Given his bigger weight and height, there are some that would be a better bet to last him longer. The AAP and NHTSA have changed their recommendations for toddlers to remain rear-facing to the maximum weight limit of their convertible seat or to a...
I almost always have to twist down the buckle stalks to get reasonable installs on those low belt paths like the Radian's. Three full, 360 degree each, twists is the rule and is often a great fix!
This baby was as the result of New Year's, but it turns out I ovulated like a week later and we still somehow caught the egg!!
I'm in Southeast Michigan, late September and early October is my absolute favorite time of the year. In fact, our 10 year anniversary is 9/28! The tree's will be just picking up in changing colors, temps coming down from the hot summer, and the air drying out. 60-70's are normal during the day, cooling down to the 50's or so overnight, with a few hot summer days or cool, rainy late fall days mixed in. The leaves are crisp under foot as they start falling, and the trees...
I gave away about 80% of my maternity stuff. I work part-time, but we're pretty casual there. Last pregnancy I wore alot of Target fitted T's, layered with long tanks. I wore them with dress pants or skirts to work, or with jeans/capri's or knit yoga or gaucho type pants on the weekend. Once it got HOT I wore mostly Maxi dresses both at work and at home. I had a couple nice "shrug" type sweaters I wore over them to work, since the strappy thing is a bit much at work. I...
My MW recommended rescue remedy for my anxiety and general grouchiness. I think it helps. I also took Calms Forte in my last pregnancy. And a good Cal/Mag can be relaxing, I used the Natural Calm variety. It also helps with leg cramps. And, this will be controversial, and I have no interest in starting a debate about it, but once I'm in the second trimester, I will occasionally have a half glass of wine or beer with a meal. I understand different people have different...
I missed the beautiful weather at work all day. But... the great news is that we heard the heartbeat today!!! Nice and strong! and she found it right away!!!! I also lost half a pound this month, which is my best first trimester ever. I gained 20+ in the first trimester with my first two! I'm still in the care of the CNM's and I'm not sure what we're doing. I have a homebirth midwife appointment next week and I'm going to talk with the birth center about late transfer...
Thanks for finding it! I couldn't track it down. I had previously been looking for a CHOP study, but this appears to be it. I work regularly with people at two crash labs and will be asking if they've heard of anything more with the new airbags.
My red meat craving is officially ridiculous. We eat red meat, maybe a couple times a week, or less. It's not uncommon for us to have a red-meat-less week. But I can't get enough of it right now! DH made me burgers last night, and I had one for breakfast this morning! Not cereal, oatmeal... Nope, a hamburger. Without the bun, I don't seem to want carbs... just meat.