or Connect

Posts by MacKinnon

I voted undecided... We had our last at an awesome free standing birth center that was as close to home as possible. It was like I wish my home was, with big clean rooms and wonderful tubs. A big kitchen, full appliances you can use, a living room type space people can wait in. And they have no dogs or cats, LOL! They have four midwives, two are CNM's and two are CPM's. If you transfer to the hospital, they have a doula that will go with you, or a midwife will. They've got...
I"m still in shock at nearly 10 weeks... This was unplanned, we were done-done. My levels were so low I was told twice I was miscarrying. I was so prepared to loose the baby, after being DONE having babies, it was all a big roller coaster. But.. I'm still here... I have my second appointment on Wednesday, and if all is good, we will be telling the kids which also means, we are telling the WHOLE WORLD because they can't keep their mouth shut! My mom knows and when she saw...
The only testing I have usually done (after the first few weeks) is the 20 week ultrasound. I want to have some assurance we've looked for major abnormalities or issues that may make an out of hospital birth unsafe. There are issues that could require immediate life saving attention following birth, or rule out a vaginal birth, etc. With DS, we also had a placenta check at 36 weeks, but that was due to a very low lying placenta at my 20 week ultrasound. They wanted to be...
The study that I can find that references back seat until 15 vs 13 was in the journal Pediatrics in 2005. It is referenced by this article, but I can't find the journal article. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/airbags_teens.html I can't find any reference to CHOP having done a study as well. The study was done in 2005, and the opinon of many techs is that it was looking at older air bags, there have been continuous advances in air bag safety. No one, from...
Hey everyone! I haven't been posting much lately, I've been so tired and going to bed with DD2 at like 7:45. My wonderful DH has been putting the big kids to bed, and doing 100% of the evening stuff- cleaning up the main living area, washing dishes, etc. packing bags/lunches for the next day, etc. I keep trying to get up, but I'm so tired, I just crash out for like 11 hours and I'm still tired at 7am when the alarm goes off! With my very end of the month due date, I'm...
My DD1 is named Avery and my DD2 Ellery. We went back and forth on them being too similar, but decided in the end, to just use Ellery. I really liked it, and wanted to use it. We call them some variation of their names a lot, Ava, Ella, Ellie, Sissy, Baby, etc. so it's not really an issue. DH's bigger issue is that Ellery rhymes with Celery and for some reason, that REALLY annoyed him!So, our sons name is Isaac, which gives us an "A","I" and "E". We're in debates about...
I have a couple reasons for wanting separates. I have a REALLY long torso, so I almost never fit in one pieces anyway. The way the tankini tops fit, I had no problem wearing it in June at 25+ weeks, July AND August at 35+ weeks. A one piece, I feel would be harder to fit well earlier AND later. Also, I guess I had three reasons, my top is a different size than my bottoms normally in swim wear, pregnancy just makes that worse, it seems. So separates let me buy what fits top...
My DD2 was born on September 5th, two years ago, the hottest summer we had on record, or something ridiculous. My lessons learned- invest in cotton, comfortable clothes. I wore a lot of maxi dresses and knit gaucho capri's with a cotton t-s. Anything remotely snug/chafing and artificial materials were awful. A maternity swimsuit is absolutely necessary. Target had nice separates, I actually bought the top there and a bottom in a bigger size that I just pushed under my...
You would be fine with two Radian's. And with NHTSA, AAP and vehicle manufacturers saying 13 and up is OK in the front, I would absolutely be fine with a 13 year old occasionally in the front. Sure, we would all be safer in the back, and I would prefer that to be my kids primary seated position. The article in question is referenced here- http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/airbags_teens.html This article says it was in the journal Pediatrics. The discussion I've...
Oh no So sorry Mama! The Birth & Loss board here was a great source of both comfort and knowledge to me as I went through my losses. Wishing you peace in this difficult time, my thoughts are with you.