or Connect

Posts by MacKinnon

I was just reflecting on this last night... With my oldest, we transitioned DD to sleeping with DH instead of me, so when DS arrived, I slept with DS in the master bedroom and DD with DH in a double in her room. We did the same thing again when we were expecting DD2, transitioned DS to sleeping with DH at night, and DD1 into her own bed (or she would crawl in with DH at some point in the night). For quite a while in there we had a family bedroom. We have a big converted...
My last pregnancy, with DD2, both of my SIL's were due right around me, as well as my step-brother's girl-friend and a close colleague. In the end, my step brother's GF had their baby on 9/3, my one SIL on 9/4 and my DD on 9/5!! It was wild! It's fun now to get everyone together, at my in-laws we've got these three cuties all around 18 months (my other SIL had hers on 11/6). This time, the one SIL is due 7/29, so we're almost exactly 8 weeks apart. She was hard to share...
Hello October! I've been posting in the September DDC, and lurking over here, but I'm deciding to more officially stick my foot in the water over here! I am cautiously expecting our fourth, in late September or early October. My oldest daughter just turned 8, son just turned 5 and youngest daughter is just shy of 18 months. She was my sweet September 2010 baby. We were not planning this pregnancy, had been done at three, so this is a big surprise!! The circumstances...
I had my first two in the hospital with CNM's. I really did have good experiences. No pressure, no prodding, no drugs. But it wasn't restful, or amazing, or a waterbirth. So, when I got pregnant with my third, we decided to go with a free standing birth center. We have a small cramped house with pets and chaos, and I didn't think I would want to stay home. I had an amazing waterbirth, in their beautiful home like birth center. I was able to labor alone, like I wanted, and...
I'm so glad to hear people starting to feel better! I'm starting to be sick, which makes sense given the ultrasound last week would put me at 7 weeks today. I think I'm actually a few days further along than that. I felt find for the first two weeks, and now I'm just shattered. I'm SO tired, and I've got all kinds of food aversions. I'm going to bed at 8:30pm and sleeping like the dead until 7am, when I have to pry myself out of bed. I'm doing NOTHING but grow this baby,...
I had a long reply here, and my DD managed to delete the whole thing! We gave away A LOT of our baby things. However, we still have the car seat, bought new in August 2010, the stroller it snaps into, the crib and the swing. I still have my Moby, but I gave away my Baby K'Tan, which I found I used a lot more than the Moby, because it did the same thing, but without the wrapping. I have my heart set on buying an Amish hickory style rocking chair, I fell in love with one...
I've had three healthy full term pregnancies, and three losses. This is my seventh pregnancy. I did not take progesterone in my first two full term pregnancies, or losses. My progesterone was checked with DS (my second full term pregnancy) and it was low, I think around 14, but they did not supplement. His pregnancy was fine. My next pregnancy was a loss, and that made three, so I transferred to an OB. The OB I saw did supplement with my DD2, and I don't remember what my...
We decline the triple screen because of the high false positive rates. Both of my SIL's had false positives. We also would decline an amnio and would keep a baby regardless. We just do the 20w ultrasound.
I have changed my mind! I think I will stay here. I will visit the October people, in case this baby decides to be like her big sister and go 11 days over, and all of you have had babies a month before but this just seems right!Thank you I'm so very nervous that 6 weeks is too far off of dates, but as my midwife pointed out, if I ovulated on 1/8, that would have put at 11DPO when I had the HCG draw of 25, which would match up with 6 weeks yesterday. I'm not sure yet when...
You should not gauge the amount of HCG by the color of your test! It's a sure fire way to stress you out It was earlier on for me too, but I had a positive urine test, two of them faint, and then a clearer positive, and then a negative. My blood test the day of the negative was also fine. Your urine is concentrated a different amounts, tests vary in sensitivity. If you're really worried, I would ask for an HCG check and try not to stress.