or Connect

Posts by MacKinnon

YAY!! To 2SweetSparrows and Norskelove for heart beats!! AFM: We also saw a heart beat today ! Measurements put me at only 6 weeks, but heart beat was 135. My midwife said that is consistent with the low HCG #'s I had at the beginning, for those that have been following along in my saga... My HCG was only 25 on 1/19, what should have been 2 days passed my missed period, of course, they use a 28 day wheel, and my cycles are about 31, so that had me like 5 days passed my...
Because I'm so close, she's willing to do after 5:30 appointments, otherwise it would never work. I would not have even met with her, in fact I emailed her back and and said, pretty much never mind, because I can't hold half a day for appointments. She called me and said since I was so close, she would do "after 5:30" not at 5:30, but sometime after. We'll see. I emailed two midwife friends who both said to at least call her, she's SO close, and she's really involved with...
It's great to see so many of you emerging from the early fog of nausea and worry! AFM: My ultrasound is tomorrow morning. I am finally nervous. I'm feeling crampy today, and I feel like my few symptoms (food aversions, tiredness, that impossible to explain "full" abdomen feeling) are waning somewhat. I have like no symptoms, I'm not nauseous, my breasts aren't tender... This was how my pregnancy was with my DS, and my DD1 to a large degree, the lack of typical morning...
I am considering a home birth and contacted the only home birth midwife that is local to me. I was surprised to discover that she books half day appointments, morning or afternoon and does all her visits in one area on one day of the week. So, my day would be Tuesday. I work out of the home, usually on Mon/Tue/Thur, so this does not work very well for me. I could easily meet her, at say, 4pm. But she doesn't work that way. I can't take a half day off every month! But she...
Warning--- Rant below--- skip to the end for pregnancy related information--- SIGH... I'm SO exhausted! We spent Wed/Thur/Fri at an indoor water park, fun but... Then got home after midnight Friday and my DH was gone all day yesterday at a pheasant hunt. Today I get a phone call from a friend, desperate for a sitter, so she could go to a funeral. It was suppose to be just her youngest (3) whose a sweetheart, but at the last minute she asked if I could watch her oldest...
I forgot you did flats Crys! I need to get some, my Mom prefers flats and she regularly babysits. I sort of failed on CD with DD2. By the third child, with work, I just couldn't keep up on the laundry. But with two in diapers? I'm going to have to get back in the game. My DC have always had very sensitive skin, so I had to use cloth or be super careful with the diapers I pick. DD2 got a blistered rash on her butt when I grabbed a pack of Pampers (and they have the BeDry...
I'm so sorry Stitcher... I also had a blighted ovum lost at just shy of 8 weeks. I would encourage you to go over to the Birth and Loss board, they have great resources and wise women.
Oh, I understand!! In fact, I called my midwife after mine came back at 18 and asked if we should up the progesterone, she said no, and in fact, since it's over 16 I could stop it if I wanted to!! I said no, I'll keep taking it thanks, since I've heard 25 is average!! I 'm still worrying!
Placenta's move. I had a low lying placenta with DS at my 20 week, so they scheduled a repeat ultrasound at 35 weeks to make sure it had moved up and away from the cervix. With DD,2 I had a solidly anterior placenta. My midwives knew it was because of the difficulty they had finding her heartbeat and the "wooshing" the doppler kept picking up from it. We verified that at my 20 week ultrasound. I had trouble feeling her and she was breech until 37 weeks, and poorly...
On behalf of the September 2012 DDC, I would like to take a moment to properly congratulate Momtoafireteam!! She's not expecting one more addition to her team, or two, but three!! That's right triplets!!! TRIPLETS!!! Congrats Momtoafireteam!!! Best wishes for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!