or Connect

Posts by AmericanVenus

We had a tough situation with our SPF preschooler in a Waldorf setting too. I don't know much about Sudbury, but we've decided on Reggio Emilia since it is child-led/project based, and the day runs on their time schedule. Good luck as you find the right fit.
We just enrolled our LO in a Reggio preschool in the Detroit Metro area. They have had preschool for awhile, but just became chartered with the state of Michigan to teach w/the  Reggio Emilia approach K-8. Their website is www.branchlineschool.org.
I will be 41 by the time the new little one arrives. On one hand, it's great to have the wisdom of age. On the other, it's exhausting.
EDD December 13. Your Name: Jennifer Age: 40 State or Country: Detroit How long it took to you to get your BFP:   About six months. But when you have a Badger as baby #1 and he's up half the night, it's sometimes difficult to TTC.  What number child is this for you: 2 Family: Hubby - Glenn, Son - Aubrey (age 3) Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I don't really have a preference, but my DH would like a girl to add some balance. Birth Plans/Preferences: I would...
An update: At 14 months (tomorrow), he is still a terrible sleeper, waking every hour and a half or so to nurse. Only once, around 3 a.m., is it actually to eat. I have gotten him to nap once every day for about an hour and a half. I'm tired.
It is as if you are living my life. My 11-month-old still wakes every 1-2 hours to nurse. It's absolutely exhausting, maddening, frustrating, and depressing. It's like I have two different boys: the one who wakes and cries through the night, and the one who is incredibly happy, precocious and secure during the daylight hours. We've just started to try and extend the periods between nighttime feedings, but it is insanely difficult. I'm a dedicated, co-sleeping,...
Thanks for the input. I'll try back-wearing. I use the beco carrier for outings and to get things done around the house, but as you mention, front-carrying isn't always easy for such things (and he hates it when I try to sit while he's in it!). He's such a happy kid, except when he gets tired! We took a 6-hour road trip recently, and he slept just when I thought he would, based on my observations. Once we weren't in the car, however, naps were elusive. Now that we're...
Yep. Tried swaddling. He hates it, and not just a little bit.
We tried several different kinds, and had purchased several from Craigslist so our newborn investment would be less. As our local cloth diapering store said, there are the first two months - and then everything else!   We discovered pretty early on that our DS HATED to feel wet, so prefolds and fitteds were not the right option. We chose the all in ones/pocket/one size because the stay-dry fabric keeps most of the wetness away from his skin. We have added hemp...