or Connect

Posts by AmericanVenus

An update: At 14 months (tomorrow), he is still a terrible sleeper, waking every hour and a half or so to nurse. Only once, around 3 a.m., is it actually to eat. I have gotten him to nap once every day for about an hour and a half. I'm tired.
It is as if you are living my life. My 11-month-old still wakes every 1-2 hours to nurse. It's absolutely exhausting, maddening, frustrating, and depressing. It's like I have two different boys: the one who wakes and cries through the night, and the one who is incredibly happy, precocious and secure during the daylight hours. We've just started to try and extend the periods between nighttime feedings, but it is insanely difficult. I'm a dedicated, co-sleeping,...
Thanks for the input. I'll try back-wearing. I use the beco carrier for outings and to get things done around the house, but as you mention, front-carrying isn't always easy for such things (and he hates it when I try to sit while he's in it!). He's such a happy kid, except when he gets tired! We took a 6-hour road trip recently, and he slept just when I thought he would, based on my observations. Once we weren't in the car, however, naps were elusive. Now that we're...
Yep. Tried swaddling. He hates it, and not just a little bit.
We tried several different kinds, and had purchased several from Craigslist so our newborn investment would be less. As our local cloth diapering store said, there are the first two months - and then everything else!   We discovered pretty early on that our DS HATED to feel wet, so prefolds and fitteds were not the right option. We chose the all in ones/pocket/one size because the stay-dry fabric keeps most of the wetness away from his skin. We have added hemp...
Thanks for the reply. No, he won't go to sleep in a vibrating chair, and only sleeps for about 10 minutes in the swing, if at all.
Hi, My DS is now 5 1/2 months old and 1) refuses to nap. It is a fight every time; and 2) is a night nurser. I have tried the "No-cry Sleep Solution" which has helped get him down for the night earlier but he is still nursing every hour and a half or so. The other concern is his lack of napping. I know that he gets tired between 2.5 - 3 hours of being awake, but I keep trying routine and it won't work. It took me nearly two hours to get him down today and he only slept...
Thanks for your thoughts. I spoke with a friend of mine whose brother has epilepsy and she recommended that it wasn't the best idea as well. To your point, if our DS was older it probably would not be an issue. The part that really bothers me is that she didn't disclose it from the get-go, nor did she have any real solutions for the possibility of it happening again other than she was sure it wouldn't. All it takes is once for my child to become gravely injured. I just...
I'm a SAHM, trying to start my own small business. I recently hired a great sitter to come in and help me two days a week at four hours a day - just so I can get started on developing some clients (marketing/pr for small businesses & nonprofits).   Last week, our sitter didn't show up and texted me that she didn't think she could come work that day. Turns out that she had an epileptic seizure on my front porch so violent that it knocked her off of our porch and onto...
The Body Shop has a new line of deodorant out that I used during my pregnancy. Tom's of Maine is great, and the crystal seems to work well (I've used it, too).