or Connect

Posts by JoyfulJessie

That's good. I think the later you get the test, the better. Have you thought about what you'd do in the small chance you were positive? I suppose you can have the antibiotics at home, too. You'll have more leeway if you are at home, I guess. I had the whole "ruptured membrane" time constraint. If it were up to me, I would have lied about when it started to keep from getting put "on the clock." But my Dr. husband wanted to tell the midwives. Anyway, I ended up with a...
They say it takes about 5 weeks to cycle in and out of your system, so 38 weeks would be a good time to do it. The problem is you could have the baby early. I had the test at 34 weeks, which I think is too early. It's a frustrating protocol because if you test positive, it might be gone by the time you give birth, but if you test negative, you might be positive at birth. In fact, my sister's friend's baby almost died of it - but she had tested negative!  Grrrrrr!
I never got to tell my birth story in my due-date club before it closed. :)   (Of course some c-sections are medically necessary, and I am grateful we have this technology to save lives, but not all of them are. Though I had two of the "medical reasons" for c-sections ("failure to progress," and a swollen cervix), I was able to avoid a c-section because I educated and advocated for myself. I believe it's important to share our birth stories with other women.)   I...
Oh, in-laws! My MIL just told my DH to call as soon as ANYTHING happens. She had already asked about my cervix - he informed her that we are working with midwives who don't even check that until I'm a week "overdue." Then he just laughed and said, "I don't think we'll be doing that mom. We'll either tell you when she's VERY close, or when it's over." What a great guy! The LAST thing we want is her calling every hour to see how things are progressing and worrying if...
So you're scheduled for a c-section then? I can't see a way to get around that. That is such a bummer. It sucks to have your birth hijacked like that - not just that you have to have another c/s, because it's so difficult to get a VBAC, but that they would dictate which care center you are required to do it at!   Ugh, and your sister's comments are not helpful at all either. People just do not understand what a birth plan is. It's not about your sunshine and rainbows...
That SUCKS! And no, they can't know your BMI when you're pregnant. That's ridiculous. You can't truly know BMI anyway unless you weigh yourself in a special water tank. It's just BS.   I'm sorry.
How can they tell you what hospital you have to be at? Insurance coverage? What if you didn't have "time" to get to the other hospital and showed up at your hometown hospital? How can they refuse you?
I wouldn't worry about any of that. I measured 2cm (2 weeks) small at my last appt and then was right on the next time. As for losing a pound - that can just be water weight. Maybe you were retaining more water last week. And they do move less now, as long as she's moving and meeting the kick counts, she's probably fine.   So, I'd just take a deep breath and go for a walk. You'll feel better after a walk and baby might kick more. : )
I think one difference about the bacteria introduced through sex is that you are in your own home and your body is already accustomed to your partner and yourself, but hospitals are actually "dirtier" than your own home. It's a good point that your own bacteria from lower down could get forced into your cervix - but I don't think that really matters until your waters break. Don't have sex if your waters break, other than that, you should be fine.   Plus, hubby's...