or Connect

Posts by rielly

Hi there, I'm not tandem nursing yet so this might not be at all helpful, but when I can't get my busy 2.5 year old to settle down for meals I tell her a story starring of course, her, some of her favorite things (horses, mermaids, deer, ducks, rainbows, fish), somehow I get all of these creatures together for a birthday party and of course the only creature who knows the words to Happy Birthday is my daughter, so she gets to save the day every time. Sometimes the party is...
Thank you BabySmurf! I will definitely look into both of your suggestions. Things are about to get really interesting
I'm wondering this, as well. I'm 35 weeks nursing a 2.5 year old and one side definitely hurts more than the other.
Hi there, I'm expecting baby number two in 4 weeks, and while I've started preparing my daughter for the birth and baby, I'm not sure how to talk to her about sharing the breast. She still nurses 3 times daily (would probably do more if I offered). We cut out the bedtime nursing session about 8 weeks ago bc it was really ramping up my Braxton Hicks contractions. She will be beginning preschool around my due date, so I would like to minimize her stress as best I can. Tandem...
I nursed my 2 yo at Disney World in March...I used the little care stations, which are really nice for changings, getting out if the heat to eat packed lunches, etc. I also whipped it out here, there and everywhere. I no longer worry about offending people w my nursing toddler, though, so I wasn't looking to see if I was. I doubt it was offensive to the other people there...everyone is on vacation and kind of suspending their idea of normal anyway. Have fun. Our toddler...
I'm wondering about this as well. I am 26 weeks and I notice the contractions are really ramping up when I feed my 29 month old. My OB suggested taking a Magnesium Citrate supplement in the evenings to calm my irritable uterus. So far that seems to be helping as long as I don't nurse for too long. I would like to wean my toddler, at least of that bedtime feeding. Does anyone know of a gentle way to do that at that age? She is essentially dry nursing for comfort at this point.
Posterior tongue tie. Was very hard to catch- most pediatricians can't figure it out. Saw three LC's- the third figured it out. My DD's latch was incredibly painful until I got her TT released. My nipples looked like the tips of lipsticks. Ouch! Dr. Dahl in NYC did the first release, but didn't cut enough. Dr. Kotlow, a ped dentist from Albany, NY, who is a saint in my opinion and works closely with LC's doing research, repeated the TT release using a laser at 11 weeks...
You made me cry, OP! Thank you for sharing.
Beware- long post! Ok so I have officially underestimated the greatness of DH. I wasn't planning on bringing anything up until tomorrow, but we were sitting together on the couch and he brought out his planner to share some boy names that he jotted down during work. Well, I found it very nice that he included names that I know give him pause because he knows I like them. There were some great new names on the list, as well, which we both really liked. It was a happy...
That's why it's called INFORMED consent