or Connect

Posts by rielly

I watched the "Elephant in the Hospital" lecture in nursing school. Thank you for the reminder. I pre-screened all of the videos last night. Really great resources. I think I will start with a verbal argument & then move on to the baby being circ'd on you tube and follow up w the lecture and Penn, etc if need be. I think that video of the infant is particularly effective because the viewer hears both the baby and the father. The father sounds like he really regrets...
Thank you, Mitchell. These are great resources. I still have to put out feelers as to his opinion, but I like to come armed to a potential fight. I'm pretty sure he will be pro-circ. Like I said, I have seen many circs in the nursery. They are indeed very disturbing to watch. I convinced him to have a homebirth the first time around and I'm generally very easy going in terms of other big life decisions, so I'm very hopeful I can get this done without a (big) fight. But...
PS I will be sure to read the essay! Thanks!
This thread is very helpful. I just found out we're expecting a boy and I suspect my husband will be pro-circ. I'm a nurse and am 100% against circumcision. I've seen so many of them performed (by OB interns no less!) and I could never subject a newborn to that kind of trauma. Our first child is a girl so this never came up for us. Is anyone aware of any videos or documentaries I could show my husband to help make him aware of what the procedure entails & the risks...
This happened to us, as well. My daughter wasn't getting enough hindmilk because I had oversupply. A few days of block nursing (feeding from only one side for four hours at a stretch then switching sides) cleared this up for me. Good luck!
Yes, sadly we are essentially dropping this session. She still asks for milk before bed, so she nurses for 20 minutes (not sure how much she's getting), and then my husband rocks her.  It isn't working out so well for me to rock her because she continually grabs for my breasts and otherwise climbs all over me. Yesterday evening we had something of a breakthrough.  DH was getting frustrated because DD was chatting away and not settling down, so we decided to leave the...
Thanks! We tried this tonight, and yes, it seemed to work! Do you have any experience with how long it will take to transition back to the normal "momcentric" routine? My husband travels quite a bit for work, so he's not always available.
Hi there, Hoping people can share their stories of how they transitioned from nursing to sleep at night to just " going down." This is proving very frustrating for both my daughter and me. She nurses for ten minutes max before her nap, and usually goes down easily enough, but at night she's giving me a really, really hard time. Tonight she nursed for ten minutes, asked to go in her crib, bopped around there for about twenty minutes, asked to be rocked, let me rock her...
I was worried about this, as well, especially because my baby had to have her tt released twice because the ENT did not release enough the first time.  She was born at 38 weeks, and was released the first time at 8 weeks (actual) and the second time at 13 weeks.  She cried a lot the second time, which was very upsetting for me because she only cried briefly after her first release.  It took half an hour of walking with her in the fresh air to get her calm down enough to...
My baby is __11___ months old. She sleeps in a crib to start and then in bed with me after her first wake-up__. She goes to bed around _9:30p__ and wakes up around _8:00 or 9:00a___. S/he wakes up about _3 (starting at around 4)__ times during the night. She used to wake up ten times or more starting around 1am, so for those of you in that boat, hang in there! It does get better. When she wakes up, I __nurse and snuggle her (side-lying)_____ to calm her down and get her...