or Connect

Posts by rielly

I will try the swaddling and the bouncer... I really appreciate the encouragement and support- thank you! It is nice to hear that others have confronted similar napping quirks. I thought I was doing something wrong. And today was much better- it really helps to get the three hours to myself when the sitter is here. She's a dream with the baby- i'm so fortunate in that regard! I will definitely take your advice and luxuriate in the cuddle sessions, although it's hard...
Does anyone know if there is a chart somewhere here or elsewhere online tat shows by age how many hours of sleep babies require? TIA
Have you tried the Nose Frida? http://www.nosefrida.com/ That was the only snot sucker that has worked for us. I, too, once acted as my own snot sucker out of desperation. I held one nostril and the baby's mouth closed and sucked and out it came. Unconditional love is a beautiful thing!
How is he taking a nap when you do put him down? Are you wearing him or is he in a crib? I believe babies need at least 14 hours of sleep per 24 hr period, but I'm a new mom, so I'm not sure. Maybe there is some natural variation there. Does he show signs of tiredness when awake (glazed eyes, wildly moving limbs, yawning,diminished alertness)? If so maybe you could just try wearing him. My baby never acts super tired but I try to rock her swaddled in my arms or I place her...
During the week I have a sitter, so this is not a huge deal, but on the WE's I'm essentially alone w DD. She will fall asleep but nap for only one sleep cycle (for her, half an hour) unless she is being held in someone's arms. She used to nap longer in the moby wrap, but now even that no longer works. I frequently have to nurse her back to sleep between sleep cycles even when she's in arms. She even wakes up after one sleep cycle if she's being worn or is in the swing with...
The Dr. You need to see is definitely the one above, Dr. Kotlow, a pediatric dentist out of Albany. I live in NYC, had my DD's posterior tt released once by an ENT here (Dr. Dahl), and she didn't release enough, so I was still having lots, although not as much pain. I went to Albany last Thursday and it has made a world of difference already. Please feel free to contact me via PM if you'd like to discuss this further. My DD's tongue was asymmetrical just like yours. ...