or Connect

Posts by appalachiamama

This was a first birthday gift for our little girl and we STILL use it.  She has loved all its various incarnations.  I love toys that grow with children and are beautiful at the same time.  I can't say enough good things about it.  Hard to put together for the first time, but worth it.  Personally, I would hold off on a kitchen until the age of two or three, when pretend play happens more often.    
Pelle's New Suit and Peter's Old House by Elsa Beskow are nice books of a similar type.  They are about making things, going to different people who have different skills and resources to help the making process along.  Shearing sheep, spinning yarn, and so forth.
I imagine you could make them in the same way that people make crayons out of scraps in muffin tins, just find a silicon mold that would make block shapes instead.  Something like a candy mold, perhaps?
We have roller shades and they get pulled every night at 7:30 no matter what.  We also use low lighting at night like some of the other posters.  Bedtime for our little girl is around 8:30 or 9:00, but I prefer that so that I have some quiet time in the morning to get ready for the day.  I agree that fresh air really helps for tiring little people out without overstimulating them.
Wow, just jumping in to say--sheesh!  Thank goodness for a place to ask things like that!  I'm filing this one away for later.  
Hi!  You can find some here:   http://www.achildsdream.com/arts_crafts_kits/art_cards_prints.htm  
We use an Easter basket from Longaberger that was a gift to my little girl last year.  This year, I'm expecting a baby any moment, so who knows?  ;-)  But, I have made some wet felted eggs and a needle felted bunny.  We might hide eggs, but I'll be in bed for that.  I have paper grass that we use from year to year.  
We have the Camden Rose playstands and I was astounded at the quality.  They are wonderful!  They are very stable with the single shelves that comes with the set.  I ordered mine from Palumba.  The wood (ash, as I chose) is super smooth, even the holes for the shlelves are smooth!  I hope to get the additional shelves next year, but they aren't needed to make it work.  The quality is just wonderful.  I can't speak for the other brand, but we are really pleased with the...
We haven't experienced that, but we've always drawn on smooth paper.  And occasionally the furniture.  
 Here is it:  http://www.achildsdream.com/arts_crafts_kits/art_supplies.htmI think my browser is having trouble with the cursor, so I may have thought I put it in and it didn't go.  Probably because I use Firefox.  And am 38,000 weeks pregnant.