or Connect

Posts by grisandole

I think that part of it may be some anxiety/need to know, combined with the fact that he is most likely "in" on everything at his moms, and then add to it that you husband treats him differently, it totally makes sense. I agree that if you husband is over attentive to him to the point where you are at the back burner, that puts the child up on a pedestal so to speak. He can tell that he is "king", so he is acting like it. Not necessarily consciously, and certainly not...
I work in the grief field and am familiar with her "type" :) I agree that you can't really tiptoe around it, you just need to give her the info in a compassionate way. You could also offer to go with her, if that is appropriate. Most groups I'm familiar with would be fine with you attending even though you don't "need" it, since it was your FIL who died. If you didn't know the person who died, that would be a different story. Also know that support groups vary and it may...
I wouldn't worry about the germs and fever so much but I would be livid with MIL! That is NOT okay. Who gives babies sugary crap like that so young? Even with my mainstream friends and family, they would never do that, and the fact that she knew it would upset you and did it anyway is just wrong. I'm sorry. I'm livid for you :)
The PP said it well!!!!
I don't think your legal advice is completely true. Yes, a court may decide that he has no rights. However, he has every right to TRY, and you do not need a lawyer to go and file paperwork. It is damaging for kids not to know the truth about their parents and situation, I really hope that you start the court process asap; hopefully they will appoint a guardian for the child, who will ensure his best interests are met. Good luck!!! 
Have you made a therapy appointment yet? He cannot and should not be alone with the other kids, which will be stressful. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. It is possible that with counseling and therapy and lots of work, it may be a safe environment at some point. But in the meantime, no, not safe at all. I would put a door alarm on the outside of his door so you will hear if he opens it at night (they are cheap), and keep your kids in your bedroom until you...
Is your husband also reinforcing that they are not to parent the 5yo? While some of this is normal, yes, it sounds like the 15yo is not understanding the guidelines or is understanding and thinks he knows better (also common, lol). 
I pay 20/month unlimited talk/text through airvoice wireless. If you have an att phone or any gsm unlocked phone that takes a sim card, all you do is buy a sim an then pay each month. I have the 10.00/month plan for my son :) Anyway, airvoice, straight talk, and others are good and you can get unlimited for 20.00 or less. Totally worth the cancellation fee in my opinion.
I hope that some wise mamas chime in! I have experienced this a bit in that dh's ex is a "buddy" parent, but since we only have dss about 20% of the time it isn't as much an issue as it is for you. It still comes up, though, like dss doesn't do his homework and gets crappy grades yet has no consequenses for that (or anything else). It's so frustrating to be so powerless, I can certainly relate to that.  
Your family has gone through a HUGE change, I would be surprised if everything was going smoothly! It is normal for there to be chaos and behaviour issues with this type of transition, an of course you feel frustrated! It will take a while for everyone to adjust, what is important is routine, consistency, and communication. Is your partner able to help? Do you both agree on house rules and how to implement them (such as no rough-housing, name calling, bullying, etc) and...