or Connect

Posts by grisandole

Your plan sounds great! Let us know how it goes.  
Exactly. That's why I don't buy that it's the "tiny baby" thing, it obviously isn't.
Thanks! I have done foster care and my ex and I adopted a then-16yo from "the system". I would be fine doing that again with dh after we had our own bio kid. If dh and I were to break up, I don't know that I would pursue having a bio-kid on my own, but I would rather be single than partnered to someone who doesn't want to share that type of intimacy with me. If we couldn't have kids due to infertility, I would be FINE with that. I want the experience of trying (well, of...
I'll start with the short version. I love dh. We have been together for 4.5 years, living together for 2.5, married since last October. He has a teen son, I have a 20yo ds1 and 10yo ds2. Ds1 is military and not living at home. ds2 is with us every other week (50/50 split with my ex). DSS is with us....on an erratic schedule, typically one or two weekends a month, and dh goes to see him once a week in addition to that (lots of drama with his ex, and they live over an hour...
I want to know, too. I don't want one right now, but do still want one. I'm almost 38, and if I were ten years younger I wouldn't be stressed about it, but since I'm not, I am. DH does not want one. I have two sons, 10 and 20, and he has a teenage son. None together, which makes me very sad and I feel like I'm missing something.  
Everyone is giving great advice, so I'll just say "ditto"! :) One thing that may help is not to think of their dad as uninterested, rather, he just has a different parenting style. You say that you can't understand why someone wouldn't want to go to hockey games and make pancakes, well, not everyone is that type of parent. I HATE arts and crafts, I can't stand any type of school event and it is completely unpleasant for me to attend them and I avoid them at all costs. I...
Thank you for reminding me about Floradix!! I took it years ago and it really helped, will buy some asap :)  
Just chiming in because I am feeling at a loss, too. OP, I am just like you in that I finally got a lot of sleep and just feel more tired, I want to cry. I have had problems sleeping for the past two years or so, and I thought it was my job at the time (had to wake up at 4am and as a night person, it was awful), but I've been in a new job for over a year and changing hours didn't help. For me, I know that I need to eat better in addition to the supplements; I wasn't like...
I do not vaccinate but personally, I believe that ill health has more to do with our diet, environmental toxins and medications than vaccines by themselves.  I do not agree that any vaccine is "good" for babies, and I do believe they can cause a lot of issues. However, there are plenty of non vaxed babies and kids that have these issues, too. My younger son was natural all the way (home birth, breastfed, mostly organic foods, no abx, etc) and had tummy issues from the...
I don't think that napping while a 3yo plays is necessarily bad, depending on the 3yo and the child proofing. I worked nights when ds1 was young, and I would get up with him in the mornings, eat with him, hang a little, then nap on the couch while he watched a movie. For me, it wasn't a full on sleep, I was aware, if that makes sense. It's easy to judge from here, and it may be a potentially dangerous situation, and if so, I'd bring it up, but as it was stated in the OP...