or Connect

Posts by junkybird

Hi, fwiw, I did offer a little mashed avocado mixed with breast milk.  The bigger twin, took it just fine.  The smaller twin, unfortunately, did not. She hasn't lost her reflex yet. I guess I will keep trying for a day or so.  If she doesn't get any better, I will wait a bit.      Thanks for all your support, Jenn  
Hi, the twins were of good size when they were born, 6# 7oz and 6# 3 oz.  But, they did not gain weight steadily.  They lost quite a bit and I had a hard time getting them to latch and suck strong enough to get any breast milk.  At the recommendation of my midwife and lactation consultant, I used bottles of breast milk and supplemented until they gained enough to cut out the bottles all together. That was a hard time :(  At about 10 weeks, I just decided to stop the...
Hi, this is my first post :)  I hope that it is in the right section.  I have 6.5 month old twin girls who weigh 10.5 # and 11#.  They just had their 6 month check up today and I discovered that they aren't on "the charts" at all.  Well below.  I knew that they were thin, but I didn't know how much.  My ped suggested that I go ahead and start solids.  I was planning on trying BLW though.  The girls aren't sitting up on their own, but do show interest in foods.  I am a...
She can.  But that is not my concern.  I am quite sure that I am confusing people!  LOL :)  I have two different car set ups.  One car is a 2010 Sonata.  In this car they are using a Turbobooster and a Comfortsport.  The other cars are older classic cars that only have lap belts, so for DS I use a GN in it and move the Comfortsport every time we drive it for DD.  So, I need seats that will last as long as they can.    But, this new seat also needs to be narrow so that I...
So, is that a law that they have to be in a harness/car seat? Not that I don't want it to be or anything, lap belt only is very unsafe, but I need to let my husband know this. Are there other options? Like using the vests? At what age/weight/height is it legal to have only the lap belt? I live in SC. I should also mention that the times that we drive those lap belt only cars is extremely rare. What do people do that have old classic cars?   So, are you saying that a...
Here is my situation.  We have a 2010 Hyundai Sonata and two other cars (1987 and 1966) that only have lap belts with the tabs that you pull to make them tighter.  Our DC are DS 6.5 and DD 2.5.  At the moment, this is what we have for car seats.  In the Sonata, DS is in a Graco TurboBooster and DD is in a Graco Comfortsport.  When we drive the older cars, DS rides in a Nautilus and DD is still in the Comfortsport.  The Comfortsport expires this month, so I need to get...