or Connect

Posts by chicajones

I hear you, themothership! I'm not due till the 25th but I'm pretty much ready. There are still some things I'd like to do this week, so I'm really hoping he comes next week (Tuesday, maybe?). I'm also trying to prepare myself for the fact that he might not come till early January. BUT my Braxton Hicks have been getting stronger and I've even felt a bit crampy at points, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I know he'll come when he's ready, but I'm definitely getting to...
So incredible! Congratulations!!
Yeah I kinda got on a roll. :) I think I've gotten to the end of my stamina and am fine with two crazy cooking days being the last of it. 
Now that we're moved into the spot where we'll be giving birth, I've gone into a nesting frenzy. In the past 24 hours, I've made the following:     Milk Maker Cookies 2 Loaves Pumpkin Bread 2 Loaves Banana Bread BBQ Chicken and Veggies Cilantro Lime Chicken w/ Corn and Black Beans Paula Deen's Pot Roast Make-Ahead Meatballs Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos Slow Cooker Marinara Sauce (just add to pasta)   Still to Make:   Tomatillo...
So, since yesterday morning I've cooked/assembled and frozen the following:     Milk Maker Cookies 2 Loaves Pumpkin Bread 2 Loaves Banana Bread BBQ Chicken Cilantro Lime Chicken w/ Corn and Black Beans Pot Roast Make-Ahead Meatballs Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos Slow Cooker Marinara Sauce (just add to pasta)   I currently have a chicken roasting that I'm going to add to this tomatillo...
Ohhh Natalie, he is dreamy! I can't wait to hear about all of it!
Just an update to say that I'm GBS Negative! Yay! Midwife visit was great, and had our doula home visit today. Finally feeling like I'm ready for him to arrive...now he just has to decide to be ready. :)
Sending you "good positioning" and "let's go!" vibes, Natalie! C'mon little on!   I'm finally starting to feel a smidge birthy! Just finished my home visit with our doula--we now have our birth tub, all of our supplies, had home visit with our midwife, all baby clothes are washed and put away...now all that's left is my Friday of freezer cooking and then we're ready! I've been having Braxton Hicks like crazy, hopefully not just because I'm dehydrated or something...
Congrats! So proud of you mama!
Babies babies babies!!! I love checking in each day and seeing the sweet new faces.   segolily, maybe I missed it, but why are so many people at your house/yurt? Sounds like craziness! I hope you get some peace.   AlaskAnne, I was looking at the "Who's Who" thread and noticed your EDD is close to mine! It will be fun to see when our babies arrive. :) The flaxseed heat packs sounds wonderful! A birthday massage sounds wonderful...that's the one thing I haven't had...