or Connect

Posts by chicajones

Monkey, thanks so much for sharing your update!! Baby Bird is seriously adorable. :) And flying already! You'll have to share more about your experience with that, since we will likely be flying 8 hours overseas when the Wee Baby Jones is 6-8 weeks old. I've heard that nursing during takeoff/landing helps a lot. So glad to hear that breastfeeding is going well even with the tongue tie issues. It's funny -- tongue tie is something I'd never heard of until I started...
Just realized I never put an update in this thread, but as you already know if you've seen my other posts, we're staying in the US until after the Wee Baby Jones is born. Bummed about the delay, BUT it means that I get to do a home birth with my friend/midwife! I'm going to start gathering supplies this week and am so very excited about it! I'm applying for pregnancy Medicaid on Monday and they will cover the cost of the birth. One area Florida is super awesome in --...
Ohhh, man. I feel like I have so much to do!!! Here is my general list:   -- Finalize birth plan and send to doula -- Order HB supplies -- Gather rest of HB supplies from midwife's list -- Finish knitting projects (4 or so left) -- Wash all the cloth diapers (or maybe just the newborn/smalls) -- Order a dozen small prefolds from GMD -- Sew diaper clutch -- MOVE (December 1st) into our temporary condo -- Get everything organized, create temporary baby...
sego: Haha, no, it didn't come up -- the lady who showed it to me (a friend of the owner) didn't even notice I was pregnant! Which seems crazy, but I had a big shoulder bag and she was pretty preoccupied with actually showing the place. So no questions about it at all! That's actually the whole reason we're renting a place (and not staying in a place owned by someone we know): so we can have the birth without needing to deal with the questions, etc. It is a little funny,...
darkblue, so glad you're back! It sounds like you're really moving in to the next stage of things and I love all the positivity you've got. :) It can feel so good to move past a crazy time like what you've been through and know that it's behind you.    travelmumma, good luck with your last few Uni assignments! Your town in Australia sounds beautiful -- I love historic towns. We live in a pretty old town in Florida and love it. I'll certainly be sad to leave it, but...
Kate, i love your dress! So beautiful!   All of you ladies are looking so gorgeous. :)   Here's 31 weeks...  
Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread -- all of these are such great suggestions! I'm going to try making my own breast pads to tuck into my bras, but we'll see how well they turn out. :) I also love the tank option, especially since it will be pretty chilly when our babe arrives. 
It's so interesting to hear about everyone's labor lengths, birth date timing, etc. Isn't it crazy how different we all are? It really makes me laugh to think that people feel like a due date is some sort of actual benchmark of when things are supposed to happen.    It just struck me the other day that we won't be moved in to our temporary condo until I'm 36 weeks! We'll be in a vacation rental for December and January, which I'm really glad about, especially because...
mamabeakly, I am so right there with you on the hip pain! I haven't woken up from it yet but every morning when I do wake up, it's terrible. I didn't even think about going to the Chiropractor, but that's a great idea. I can't apply for Medicaid until November 2nd, but I think I can go after that. I wanted to go later in pregnancy to help with positioning anyway. Hope the chiro helps you get more sleep!   Kel, 4 weeks ahead? That seems so crazy! It seems like multips...
Hooray!! Congrats Wissa and Gozal! Can't wait to hear more details!