or Connect

Posts by sublimeliving

I did go through this. My daughter weighed 17 pounds at her 1 year check up. She cried all the time, and I thought it would never stop. We found out that she is allergic to soy; which is in practically everything. She is 8 now, but when I quit feeding her food that contained soy, she was a different person. I hope that helps.
Choosing to hire someone to clean is no different than hiring someone to take care of your children. Quote:  
Um, I don't think you should be using the term, lily-white to describe random caucasian people. That's very prejudiced and uncalled for. As far as the African safari tour guide, I have never seen an African safari tour guide that wasn't black. The people that are a part of the safari appear to be Northern European/Scandinavian.    I asked my dd what kind of toy this was, and she said the man driving was a zoologist giving a tour to zoo visitors. I guess the way this...
 She may be fine, but there will be kids that are HG, EG, and PG that didn't grade skip. She might skip and just be an average student or she may excel. It's so hard to predict. I hope this chart helps with understanding the different levels. : )   Level of Giftedness Full Scale IQ score WISC-IV, WPPSI-III source: Assessment of Children Extended IQ score WISC-IV source: Technical Report #7 WISC–IV Extended Norms and publisher's...
I am a SAHM, and my job doesn't include "doing loads of laundry...vacuuming, or dusting."  Also, I can't imagine asking the nanny to make up beds unless it is the child's bed. I guess the difference between me and someone willing to do all of the household chores is how I view my job. My time is spent reading to my child, going to the park, listening/watching to one play cello and piano (an hour of my day), teaching her French/Latin (daily lessons), school work,  making...
 There are ice cream recipes that don't have sugar or dairy. An ice cream bar coud be in his future. : )   http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=243.0 http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=243.0   My dd is allergic to soy (and a ton of other things), and has to say no to any snack that is offered to her. She went to a birthday party and couldn't eat anything. While she was gone, I made her a healthy chocolate cake to enjoy when she got home.    Making sugar-free,...
I agree! I found my parent's sex books when I was 6 or 7, and I never thought of sex or my parents the same way. The whole incident was really disturbing, and I felt like I was introduced to sex in an odd and inappropriate way.       
IQ testing is done at an exact age- down to the month (so 3.5 is different than 3). Here is a link to some tests- http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/tests.htm   EPGY (Education Program for Gifted Youth via Stanford University) starts in kindergarten. It is available anywhere there is internet, and is internationally recognized. CTD (Center for Talent Development via Northwestern) starts in kindergarten. There are more out there; my city has a specific school dedicated strictly...
Her dd is 3.5; not 3. Most kids need to have test scores for early entrance to school or be put into gifted programs. If her dd is turning 4 before fall, and wants to enter kindergarten early, she will most likely need to back it up with test scores. As far as reading, the level a child reads has to do w/ comprehension not ability to read. Most kids that have the ability to read can read books that are above their grade level. This however, does not mean that they...
If this were my child-   After hearing the amazingly creative story-telling ability, I would most likely smile, then I would tell my dd that I understand that she must really love her sister's barrette and ask if she'd like one like it.    I don't understand how your dd lied about the school lunch. She decided in her mind that she wanted school lunch, and told the teacher (probably when asked), "Yes, I am eating the school lunch today." She most likely doesn't...