or Connect

Posts by oceanbaby

Actually, I think knowing that there are family members who you definitely DON'T want raising your kids is probably the best reason of all to get a will made.   
There is no perfect person, and either you pick someone or the courts do.   My sister is really our only option.  She's not perfect.  I don't want her raising my kids, but I'd rather her than anyone else.  Dh's sister seems to make more sense - she's married and has a child.  My sister is single, unemployed (she was laid off 2 years ago and is now going back to school), and has no kids.  But my sister shares more of the values that dh and I have as parents, and would...
When ds1 turned 3 or 4, I think 4, a bunch of the kids ended up jumping on our bed, with some of the adults sitting around supervising and guarding against falls.  We also had a small house, and a big CA king mattress on the floor of our bedroom which was right next to the kitchen.  Our kids had their own beds in there too, so they didn't have their own room.  Our kids jumped on our bed all the time, and while I didn't love a bunch of other kids jumping on it, they all...
I would much prefer the 9:30.  10 would be better, however . . .
I grew up in a very healthy food household, with a lot of education about junk vs. healthy food.  We were not usually allowed to buy junk at the store - my dad had a whole thing about how if we couldn't pronounce the ingredients we couldn't have it.  However, we were certainly allowed junk food when it was presented such as at a party or Halloween or whatever.  It just wasn't a normal staple in our kitchen.  TV we had to ask to turn on - this actually continued until...
Dark grey was actually my first instinct, but I kind of like the golden yellow idea too.   I like red for fireplaces, but I don't think it would look right with sage green walls.  I had toyed with the idea of painting the whole room a chocolate brown color, and then a deep red would look really great, but I don't know that we are ready to tackle the whole room yet.   
Oh, and we're going to replace that screen as well.  The brass doesn't do it for me, and it keeps falling down. 
I've never uploaded pic to MDC before - here goes nothing!   You can see the sage green at the top of the garland (which is being put away this weeked).  
The fireplace in our living room is made out of drab grey bricks, and I've been wanting to paint them ever since we moved in.  (I'd love to resurface them one day, but right now paint will have to do.)   The walls are a sage green (there is one light brown wall that goes down the staircase on the side).  It has a simple painted white mantel, and is flanked by two built in bookcases, both also painted white.   I could just paint it white, but I'm thinking...
Haven't read the replies.   To me "free speech" means that, in essence, our government cannot restrain our right to speak/write/broadcast, etc.   Free speech only applies in government vs. private relationships.  By this I mean that it doesn't apply between two private people, or a private business, etc.  I don't believe that I have the right to stand in the middle of a shop and tell everyone who comes in "This shop sucks."  I am not protected under free speech to do...