or Connect

Posts by oceanbaby

Yesterday my kids were driving me a bit nutty with their fighting - it was just one of those days when they woke up on the wrong side of the bed and kept bickering over everything.  We had to go run errands, and as we were climbing into the car, my sister called me.  As I was talking to her, my kids started arguing again about who was going to close the door or some such nonsense.  I sighed, and said to my sister "Good lord, the fighting is going to make me nuts."  And...
That's what I was going to say.  Or if nothing else, they can refund you half the the money (and any shipping charges) to try to make up for it.    
Mine is getting some clothing, a hat and gloves, a book, and a $45 DVD player (for our extra tv when we're sick.)  If I can get out of the house today, he's also getting a rubber mallet, because he always seems to need one when building things.  I find the hardware store to be a great place to buy things for him - most is inexpensive, and there's always something there he needs or wants.   My sister's partner is a techie guy.  She got him an old lawnmower off of...
No farting on your brother was a rule I just had to institute today. 
My kids started school for the first time this fall, after previously being homeschooled, and we have had a lot of colds, strep throat, etc.  However, we've all rebounded pretty quickly.  Ds2, however, has been congested now for at least 2 months.  He had gotten a cold, was congested, and then it never went away.  He has had other colds/illnesses come and go since then, and during those times the congestion has gotten worse, but it is now persistent with no other...
I never thought I would have to answer such detailed questions about where it is okay and not okay to pee, or where you can or cannot be naked.
The "big" presents tend to be given to both kids.  This year they are getting a big Harry Potter lego set, and after much debate and discussion, a Nintendo dsi.  (Long story - dh and I are against it, but for many reasons we decided to do it).  Both of those will be addressed to both of them.   Then some video games, some books, a few other toys like Spy Gear.  I'm putting together a craft kit for ds2.  And I'm sure next week I'll pick up a few smaller things here...
My bet is that there is terrible traffic in the area because of the snowstorm, and things are moving really slowly.  I don't know how metro or urban of an area you live in, but in our area I can search live traffic reports, and they show areas where this an accident, or a closed road, etc.  I've done this before when worried about someone - if no accidents are reported, then I figure I can cross that off the list.   I'm sorry, I hate that feeling so much.  Tell him...
We're in a similar situation.  My mom has nothing saved for retirement, and no assets, and is turning 70 next year.  Dh and I live a comfortable lifestyle, but it's paycheck to paycheck, and we have nothing extra to help her out.  Moving in with us would mean staying in the rec room, sharing a kitchen, etc., and as much as I love my mother (we are very close) that sounds like a total nightmare.  Neither dh or I wants to move to a cheaper area just to afford a second...
We live in an expensive area, and tutoring here runs about $60-$80 per hour.