or Connect

Posts by cancat

Where are you located? The course is done by St John's ambulance but they might not know what you're talking about if you call them...Also, you might try asking at the canadian forum of car-seat.org.
Quote: Originally Posted by mammal_mama In some ways, it seems like it would increase safety if car manufacturers started putting fold-down cushions in backseats (which would be no problem if an adult were using the seat, as the cushion could just be folded back up), since sometimes parents and children may find themselves riding with someone else in a situation they didn't plan for. By the way, the reason Levitt did his own research (something...
I guess the thing is, the LCs I've worked with have tried everything possible, with multiple appointments, before telling someone "they couldn't breastfeed". And even then, I don't think they say that. They've said, the combination of hypoplastic breasts and a baby with low-tone/energy might mean that you need to pump after every feed, or use a supplementer, etc. Not a quick judgement after one appointment. To truly judge whether a baby is getting enough (especially...
Wow, no, I would find someone else. Her attitude is not great, and it's hard to watch that many kids around water. I mean, sometimes she has six kids with her! None of the daycare providers I know take kids under 4 to the wading pools even - just the splash pad. It doesn't sound like she's taking your concerns seriously.
Quote: Originally Posted by haleyelianasmom What do you do in the dead of winter with an older child? Just have them wear a coat and take it off when they get to the car? Yup!....an it gets really cold here...
Interestingly enough, it has turned out to be the only juice she's every liked!
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeve You could always freeze it in ice cube trays for next time someone needs a dose. LOL I'm sooo going to do this...I find the stuff foul myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie Is it bottled? As in sealed with a little button that pops up when you open it? If so, it will last pretty much indefinitely. At least a few years anyway. Flax oil is soooooooo good for you. It definitely has a pretty short shelf life though. I take it every day to keep my hair shiny and in the hopes that it is helping DS build a better brain. I also eat fish though, but I figure you can't have too much of...
As a canadian child restraint safety tech (who just happens to be american, Hi!) I will tell you that: - yes there are no age minimums, just recommendations in many provinces EXCEPT for the minimum to be OUT of a carseat/booster altogether. It's kind of screwy but it is that way in many US States as well. HOWEVER, if the manual says you have to be over 1, then you can't legally go against the manual. - There are reasons that some american carseats are not approved...
How long does prune juice last? I think this is the second bout of constipation in our house ever However, flaxseed oil is good for the omega 3's right?