or Connect

Posts by aira

Quote: Originally Posted by serenitii They are ending the label of "swine flu" because the big pork companies are suffering economically and applying pressure. (People are afraid of pork.) Yes, I'm hearing the same things that everyone else is. Thank you. Additionally however, I think that the events from the 70s are counterproductive to their current efforts engender trust from the public, and so I suspect an additional motivation for the...
I think the are ending the label of "swine flu" because of the association with egg on their faces in the 70s. I figure they either thought no one would remember, or maybe many of the guys making decisions about the coverage are too young to remember it themselves. Do you guys remember a few years ago when they got approval to use canine cancer cells to grow vaccines? Supposedly because it was the most rapid medium . . . you think they are using it now to get...
I'm in North Haven! DS is 5, and we are unschoolers. There is a great homeschool wilderness program going on in ansonia here: www.twocoyotes.org PM me if you want to get together sometime (I don't come to MDC much anymore.) The IL's are in Woodmont, so we're over that way all the time.
Hmmm . . . subclinical. Such a little word with such enormous implications, eh?
Another "over my dead body" here. Never. No way. No how. Not gonna happen. Anyone coming at me or family with a crap-filled syringe will be treated as attempting assault.
When I was asked to sign "the form" (I'm killing my baby, yada yada yada...), I responded that I'd be happy to sign something like that... just as soon as the ped signed *my* form stating that I have fully disclosed my lengthy list of concerns, extensive family history of vaccine damage, that they reject any connection to my son's potential to react, etc... And that he will take full personal and professional liability for life for any ill effects if I do vaccinate my...
Wow, this OP discussion sure dropped off... Is anyone going to come along and refute the breastfeeding studies as irrelevant because of the self-selection? Offer a reason why vax studies couldn't be constructed the same way? I'm actually only even checking MDC at this point to see this thread. Bummer. Guess I'll go back to my happy little corner...
I've tried to reply to this thread a couple times and MDC logged me off! So the gist of it is that I'll be happy to pop in now and again and chat with those who are needing hugs, looking for support, or otherwise struggling in the deprogramming process. The caveat being that I stopped coming here (all of MDC) because it became more like talking to a pediatrician than anything, and I don't have the energy to do that all the time. If we're now relegated to one thread,...
Quote: Originally Posted by cloudswinger Well, if you read the wikipedia on vaccinations, it's supposedly been around since 200BC, done by the indians or chinese. So I wouldn't say it's a relatively new concept. It's been around as long as the chinese/indians have practiced medicine. I agree there's no long term studies on the recent varieties of vaxes, which is why I don't agree with vaxing, but long term studies require long terms, and most researchers...
The shifting of police powers in the US is what makes me think it will not end anytime too soon.