or Connect

Posts by matte

That sounds like a very physically stressful thing to do at this point. I would worry about how long it would take to recover from the effort, even if nothing went really wrong at the time. Sounds really exhausting. I think you should stay home, perhaps call during the reception if you can.... people will understand!
i seem to be holding steady at 2 lb gain, but at my last appt i was up to 4lb total. might fall though, as i've been as high as 5lb total so far.
I had a super meltdown two weeks ago. It's been a little better since then. If you are in the middle of a meltdown, don't worry, it gets better. Ice cream and a day off helps. Try to make that happen.
i use it 1:10 for hand washing (10 h2o) in a reused handsoap foaming pump bottle.... that i've refilled more than 10 times.  actually, this makes a nice stiff foam, with a nice scent, and the DBs lasts forever....
My mother was nude around me long after I expressed my discomfort with it (age 10 or so), and would totally blow off my own requests for privacy in the bathroom and shower when I was nude. She would call me in to talk with her when she was nude, etc, and even sat around nude in her hotel room with her partner when I had to share a room with her (post college). I can't tell you how many times I've seen her on the toilet etc. Frankly, I think her insistence on doing this...
ddcc to say: this is awesome! lots of wisdom in the comments...
My OB recommended a pelvic support belt. I didn't end up getting one (i would have had to run around town a lot to find one... and it is running around town that's aggrevating it). I gave myself 3 days modified bed rest with hot compresses and it has helped A LOT. Also, being very careful not to stress the joint, keeping knees together, using a lot of well-placed pillows at night, etc.
Great for you for going back to school! Great for deciding to be your own person! Kids need love, for sure, but love and a lack of boundaries are not the same thing. Love comes with respect, and both need to be mutual. Don't feel guilty! Take care of yourself well, it teaches your children to take care of you, to respect you, and to take care of themselves. Remember, part of loving your children is presenting them with a strong role model of a well-adjusted and...
My brother and I were unschooled and one thing that we benefitted from ALOT at elementary school age was watching PBS documentaries, for example Nova, Connections, etc. We did a lot of projects inspired by what we saw on these shows: drawing things we saw in the shows, writing about them (journaling), explaining them to each other. If you are really wiped out -- and I would be if I were you! -- consider the possibility of watching a few of these documentaries with your...
I agree that this is part of what motivates people to focus on AP in a zealous way, to make it a form of obsession. However, I am not sure that AP is a complete panacea. I was raised in a very 'observant' AP household, with family bed, natural healing, chickens in the backyard, unschooled, etc. (I think we were charter subscribers to Mothering Magazine!, at any rate, we had all the issues on the shelf.) We went to unschooling midwifry communes in the woods, etc. However,...