or Connect

Posts by starbarrett

I take it from the dirth of responses that this isn't normal, but I think maybe people are getting hung up on her age.  I know that her developing at 8yo is not normal, though it's not medically premature either.  I have come to terms with the idea that this is her path.  This is how it's going to be for her and I'm going to support her as best I can on it.      If we ignore that fact that this is happening so young, is the rest consistant with the what a 10 or 12 yo...
MeepyCat,     Thank you for responding. This change has been occuring over longer than a couple months-- it's been over a year in the making.  I did talk to her pediatrician during her last well care visit a couple months ago, as much as we can talk about this with her in the room.  I could tell by her demeaner when we were talking that the dr was concerned about her weight.  She asked dd alot of questions about what she eats and how much she exercises.  She did...
My oldest daughter fits your description and first let me give you lots of hugs for the sleep deprivation you are currently experiencing.  It gets better, I promise.  My dd is currently 8 and sleep has always been her (and therefore our) achilles heel.  I read all the books, Dr. Sears,  The No Cry Sleep Solution, and others I can't remember right now but really didn't help me to much.  This is what helped us:   -  Getting her to sleep early.  Like really early.  She...
Comrades in parenting, I need to know more about the tween/preadolescent developing body.  I know my 8 yo has started developing early-- she has body odor and breast buds.  My family tends to develop early, so it's not a big surprise, though she is still earlier than I was.  Anyhow, her appetite is insatiable and she has gained alot of weight.  She is awkward in her body, ungainly, running is hard and anything that involves lifting her body-- like a leg up to a bar in...
yeah, I was too busy pushing to care at the time! What a irritating midwife to yell it at you!
I'm glad you're feeling better. It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do!! It's no wonder you're tired and ready to have this pregnancy over with-- you have 4 kids!! You must be exhausted!! I have two, and that's plenty! You're a rock! I'm right there with you. Two days ago, I was contracting fairly regularly all day. Then less and less yesterday, and now nothing much at all. sigh. I tell myself this is a good thing, that my body is working gradually.....
So interesting to see the differences in how hombirthing functions in the UK vs. US. They have homebirthing teams that work out of hospitals?! Neat. Homebirthing is part of the system rather than an alternative. And they actually have government advocating it! That's a shift! They require two midwifes to attend a birth. I guess my midwife always brings a student, but that's not really the same thing. Thanks for the article! Really interesting.
that is such great news!! I'm so glad to hear it! what a waste of a metric EDD is ifthey can randomly change it by a month and a half!! But anything that works the system so that it works for you!! Glad you have access to backup care and you're set up for a great UC. Congrats! Thanks for sharing.
Mimiharshe? Any word? She hasn't posted since yesterday morning... does that mean she went into labor??!!
I'm totally crying! So beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!