or Connect

Posts by purplerose

My last pregnancy, I kinda slid the test to the cashier under something and gave her a sneaky look and she gave me a sneaky look back and bagged it separately and handed it to me lol I never was embarrassed to buy one, I was always excited and hopeful.
I hate that! I can't, either, as I don't have anyone to babysit. I only have one in actual school. I am thinking of homeschooling her again after this year, though. I HATE school.
I have four girls, 18.5, 17, 11 and 2 :) I REALLY love watching the older ones play with the toddler. I mean I could sit and watch for hours if they'd actually do that for hours. They will run around and scream and hide and chase like little kids. The teens are louder than the 2 year old! lol It hasn't really seemed to change their desire (or lack of) to have their own babies, though the birth(homebirth, one recorded it while one sat faint in the floor and the...
My 18 year old wants a sewing machine for Christmas. I know absolutely nothing about them, and almost failed home ec after repeatedly messing up the machines in class(and my sewing projects were horribly ugly). I sew by hand what little I sew. What do I look for? She wants to make clothes so it will be used for real, not just playing around. I would like to get Singer, just bc I know that brand and that's what the old ladies all use. Unless there are better ones now? I...
my 16 year old has shaved her arms for a couple of years. I hate it, it seems weird to not have hair there when you are supposed to. and she doesn't shave her legs...I don't really know if other kids do this, I can ask her later today and let you know!   I do understand the outrage you feel...girls are expected to do so much to themselves. I am mostly proud of mine for not falling into that trap so much...my girls don't go get their nails and hair done, they do it...
Dh does that, too. It makes me so mad...he glosses over all I just said to point THAT out? But I guess it shows the differences and it wouldn't hurt if I could be more positive. I have dealt with sleep deprivation the past two years bc my toddler rarely sleeps through the night. One night she whined every hour or so and called me but would fall back to sleep. I was so drained from being woken several times that night but dh focused on the fact that she slept in her bed...
I was reading somewhere else about moms who have to work and someone wrote that they knew someone who wished their mom hadn't been so lazy and had worked...they had to wear hand-me-downs and not get all the things other kids did.    I remember hating that we never "had the money" to do this or that, but my parents went on vacation once or twice a year and had weekly dates. I wore stupid ugly clothes but I wasn't allowed to pick out my own clothes from the thrift shops....
One daughter grew about 5" after starting. She is 5'11"(this rapid growth caused her some problems and she was in physical therapy for a few weeks during that time) Another grew about 2" after. She was really tall for her age to begin with, though. She is now 5'9". Still waiting on daughter3 to start and then have another daughter who is only two.
I unschooled for years, then the kids decided to go to public school. Now my 11th grader is enrolling in online school. I don't like the idea really but it's what she wants. My 5th grader may do that next year, also. I have found public school to be really odd, in that they pass everyone up despite failing at math, and it seems in college kids are stuck having problems with math if they can't use calculators(my oldest is in college). Anyway, here I start yet another...
Let me tell you...my 18 year old will follow me to the bathroom still. And I don't care. If I do #2 or tampon change I close the door.   If I am at my mom's and she is only peeing I still do the same to her LOL. She does not care either.