or Connect

Posts by purplerose

My youngest was 5 when we moved to a house where the upstairs had all the kids' rooms and ours was downstairs. My biggest fear was someone falling down the stairs! If someone is sick and needs me, her yelling has always woken up(or alerted someone still awake) someone else who then came to get me.   In a few months the oldest is moving out, then the other two will move rooms and then there will be a room for me to turn into the toddler's room, but she is solely...
iI talked to the kids before having the baby about how people will make assumptions and they didn't and still don't care. They insist on carryimg/ chasing the baby around the store. Icouldn't shop otherwise bc if she isn't free, she is screaming and I can't take everyone staring at me angrily. i don't ask them to do that for me in stores but I do ask for help with her at home, especially during the witching hour when it's too late for nap but too early for bed. She adores...
I thought about 30. I am 36, my oldest is almost 18years and my youngest is 18months. We have several times all been out shopping, and people call the baby my granddaughter. I see RED when that happens, I don't know why I react so angrily!! The teens don't like being assumed to be her mom, but they hold her all the time at the store anyway. I remember one cashier called one of my teens the baby's mother, and I said, "That's MY baby!" and she said, "Oh, I thought she was...
So, everyone else vaxxing their kids is putting my kids at risk for allergies.(being snarky here, ok) Very interesting read!!
Ran away from home Jumped off a bridge into the lake and swam to shore in my blue jeans Eaten fried gator tail Ran a reptile rescue...have had nearly 40 snakes go through my home. We have even bought near-dead snakes from stupid owners and nursed them to good health. i have four daughters and no sons.
One of mine didn't see a doctor (after her initial checkup)until she was three. She just was never sick enough, and she was my third so I knew what to look for. She did develop an ear infection, to where she was yelling at people in the bed one night(who weren't talking!) and hearing thunder(no thunder, either). It actually wasn't that bad when she went to the doctor the next day. He was the one ped in my town known for giving parents freedom of choices without grief. He...
I am in the Southeast US.   I was a young single mom also with my oldest, and I tended to have the opposite reaction...I wasn't firm enough about anything bc I didn't know what to expect. I am paying for it now. And I do tend to overreact at times, but with the older kids. I'll wait and wait on them to help around the house, telling them I need help from them, and no one will do a thing, and ask almost daily for me to take them places. It adds up and I explode. I...
That is so awesome! A couple of years ago I talked with my daughter's family doc, who was still nursing her one year old and from her attitude, seemed reluctant to stop. I told her I nursed til way past a year and lots of my friends do, too. I wish more medical professionals breastfed. Most of the RNs I know personally have kids with bad diets, use benedryl to get the kids to sleep smoothly at bedtime and stuff like that. It's so weird to have that lifestyle when you...
ugh, i used to do that, too. it got really bad, where the rash would scab and crack open and bleed if i smiled. in fourth grade, my grandfather said he'd give me some amount of money if i stopped. so i did. i only ever lick my lips to this day if there is food on them. i wear chapstick at all times. dh thinks your lips can get addicted to wearing it lol   i would email and do whatever it took to allow my child to wear chapstick in school. after my experience, i would...
At an older daughter's softball game last night, all the toddlers were playing in the dirt in front of the bleachers, with all the moms sitting right there. My toddler is 18 months, and there was a 15 month old toddler. The 15mo tapped my toddler on the head with a plastic spoon, and her mom scooped her up and spanked her on the bottom, and kept calling her a mean girl and saying stuff like, "No one wants to play with a mean girl!" It was awful to me. She was not at all...