or Connect

Posts by purplerose

hugs! i always had only the emotional attacks until this one summer. My grandfather almost died, one of my best friends mixed pills with alcohol and ended up in the ICU after her heart stopped, and my nephew had two failed transplants, all in one summer. Weeks later, after everyone turned out ok and everything had been calm for weeks, I started getting chest pains, heart flutters, breathlessness, I was scared to death to leave the house and even at home it was bad. I...
My daughter plays softball, and her games are usually at 6pm or 7:30pm. I will get sunburned at her games. Seems rediculous that late in the day! I actually can't think of a time in my life where I was up and about in the actual early morning. I am not fair, I have brown hair and am not pale. I tan more than burn but I do burn suring softball season bc of the rush to get here and there and I forget my sunblock. It's hard to prevent it in my daughter, even though I put...
I would feel so guilty to say no and leave them without diapers when she asks. I would feel like a bitch. I need to be more hard assed I guess. Their lifestyle is what leads them to run out of everything and that isn't my fault but I still feel guilty to say no, like I would be making her kids go without.
I have a neighbor, she is very friendly and has four kids 8 and under. One of my kids plays with her 8 year old alot. She is on food stamps and runs out of food frequently. I have given her food, diapers, and wipes, several times. She comes over to use the phone about every other day. Three days ago, she came over asking for baby tylenol as her two year old was running a high fever, so I gave her the rest of what I had. She used it, then bought another bottle of it....
I guess this shows ymmv as far as asking our children...my own daughter was happy I asked and to have it out there. I guess we should know our kids and how they'd feel, some people definately wouldn't be ok being asked. And for our family, the kids have been raised seeing gay as a normal part of life so it was easier, I think.   estrelladelmar...I hope your mom&sister's health gets better soon, and your telling them goes smoothly.
I like kblackstone's idea of giving her a certain time when it's ok to come to your bed. 9 is plenty old enough to understand that adults need alone time.   And it is not true that most of the harsh critics of cio only have littles...many of moms on here have grown children and teenagers. We've been through it without leaving tiny babies in cribs crying. I coslept with all of mine at some point, some kids end up sleeping better than others! This website is against...
I think it is ok for us to ask if our child is gay, like any other question we wonder about our kids.
How much d-mannose would you give a ~100 pound child? I am not having an easy time finding dosages for a child anywhere. She is 10 also. She is a bedwetter (like since birth, not suddenly) but I wanted to try this to see if it helps. We are also starting probiotics for an almost permanent yeast infection. I think that is being caused by the bedwetting though, the urine being kept against her skin.
Hamptonsmomma, what happened with your midwife? I never saw you post your story. Have you found anywhere yet?
Those of you with grown children...in what ways did your teenager change in the few months before moving away? How extreme did it get? And instead of pushing you away, why don't they try to be friends with you, knowing they are leaving and this is their last few months at home? Jeez. This Christmas was so hard for me knowing it was the last with all my kids home, and my oldest was not interested in decorating the tree which is something the kids have done since they were...