or Connect

Posts by purplerose

I just this morning let someone know I can no longer keep their children. I was asked very last-minute to do the after-school care, and I agreed bc this is family and there is a history of cutting me out and after not hearing from them for two years I jumped at the chance to see the kids again. But it is causing me so much stress...I already take mine to school, take my daughter to her college classes which takes over an hour altogether, then pick up my kids, and picking...
I remember years ago I cut off my butt-length hair and donated it, and my grandfather cried. I wasn't telling anyone, but my aunt asked if I donated it, then told my grandfather. My grandfateher and cousin and Sil all had cancer around the same time. In my area, LoL is pushed as helping kids with cancer have hair. I have never even heard it talked about as giving wigs to alopecia patients.
I am trying to come up with a plan for my daughter(18), who is in college full time, but living at home, and has no job. I would like to know what others in this position have expected from their children. We are butting heads here over lots of things involving housework, going out and money. How much housework would you expect? Weekly, daily? She is soooo smart and graduated high school with 3.97 gpa but is extremely lazy when it comes to home. I am a weak person and...
How can someone not know that real food is better than fast food/boxed/frozen meals? I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone would not KNOW that. I understand the issues some kids have and will only eat this or that(and honestly I have a toddler who lost weight until I relaxed about her healthy eating and let her have some yummy junk! but I know which foods she eats is healthy and which is not), but you as the parent know what's healthy, I mean being proud of a...
Marnica that is so sad :( I encountered a lady at the dentist treating her son horribly bc he didn't want to go back alone...not that he didn't want to go, but that he wanted his mom with him, it was his first time. I did run my mouth to her, and let her know that all three of my kids wanted me their first times then were happy to go alone, and that it wouldn't be bad for her to go with him. I just couldn't take the meanness anymore!! It broke my heart...I have a dental...
I love bats!   There is this crazy overwhelming fear of bats giving people rabies, but in my area it's rabid foxes usually that show up in the news. And bats just aren't going to let you catch them lol (I wish, bc they are cute!)
Another misconception I have seen over the years is people thinking that because I an just a sahm I am free to babysit. I have ben treated like an on-call babysitter, even by family, and find it ready hard to say no. But when I have an emergency and need help with my kids there is no one bc they are working, or working nights and have to sleep.
I have told this story before, but I know this couple where the husband decided his wife needed to go back to work when their baby was a few weeks old. So she did, to "do her part". (and he was controlling, she had to stop breastfeeding and not cosleep with this baby even tho she had with her first baby from another marriage). Well after months of her busting her butt and taking care of the kids after/before work, she finally sat down and did their finances and realized...
The "you are lucky you can sah!"   No, it is NOT luck, unless having brains is luck? I work HARD on the finances, shopping, cooking, trying to save gas when having to drive around, so that we can afford for me to stay home. In fact, I played a huge part in us being able to buy a home, all from being a sahm.   Yes, dh makes the money, but someone has to be able to wisely manage it.
My 22 month old gives me a couple of really bad nights every month right before my period. What can I do to make this not happen? This is NOT the time to mess around with mama lol dh says probably my hormones change and affects her. I read milk supply dips but by this age, would that even matter? This did not happen with my other breastfed children.