or Connect

Posts by purplerose

I have a shoe rack on the inside of our entryway door(our entryway sounds like yours, with the bottom of the stairs there except we have no dresser) AND a stand-up small shoe rack for the shoes that are worn daily. So there are no shoes on the floor of the closet. I keep a box in the closet of gloves/hats but we're in South Carolina so don't have that many winter things LOL No one here would even keep sunglasses in one certain spot. We do have a 5' bookshelf in the...
My mother has gotten upset when she tells me that and I tell her that's not something they recommend anymore. She said it worked for her! Well I nursed for a total of 6.5 years(so far) without having to do that to myself. OUCH!!
I got books for all the babies, and filled out a few pages, then life did get too busy. The greatest thing I ever started doing was writing stuff down on a paper wall calendar! The first time baby laughs out loud, just write it down on that date and no worrying about getting out the baby book and finding the page. My 3rd daughter's firsts are on a yearly flip calendar. Sadly, the first two daughters' firsts didn't all get recorded. I plan to do a calendar with this baby...
Quote:   Ha, that WAS our plan! We failed...
LOL Averysmomma...I'm pregnant with #4, think of my hormones! I keep getting all mushy, myself :) Something that makes it really cool is dh's younger brother and I were good friends in high school(he was gay so nothing romantic or anything, just a good friend to keep you going) He has a big close family, there's 5 brothers and the parents are still married. I adopted his family as my own.
I also keep reading it's important to try not to waddle, as that can make it worse. I was waddling with it badly until it disappeared. Now I'm slightly waddling but I can't help it at this point lol
I am married to the boy who was my first kiss when I was 14...after breaking up for 5 years and having other relationships. The older I get the more flutters I get thinking back on that. His red hair and freckles and sweet lips :) Now his hair is darker and he has crinkles around his eyes and mouth, it's wonderful.
I'd wait a day or so before dying after bleaching but I've only done it at home. I bleached mine and tried to dye it purple. It turned orange and I ended up dying it brown later after it relaxed a bit. I wore a hat for awhile. I have long hair so it took quite some time to grow it out! I want purple hair so badly but my hair is so dark and I hate the idea of blowing money at a salon, I never have and have taught the kids to cut their own hair. My oldest daughter has...
My daughter is 16 and "engaged" to a 21 year old man. When she was 15 she invited him over while no one else was home. I was livid (as was her father)and she was grounded for 3 months, no phone or computer whatsoever,  no going anywhere without us or staying home alone, any friends who came over had to leave their phone in sight and not take it upstairs to the bedroom where my daughter might use it. I completely lost trust in her and she's still not even showing signs of...
Awww...young love :) It's nice to hear of girls still new at all this at her age. It seems many are going on full-out dates at 14/15. My older daughters are 14 and 16. The 14 year old has this new boyfriend, he's come to our house for a few hours and she's gone to his. Apparantly at his house they had a nerf gun war with his little brothers and sister. It's so sweet, and this kid is the nerd type and definately not a bad kid. His mother tells me he's so very nervous...