or Connect

Posts by purplerose

My dh is friends with a guy whose wife is a few days past her due date. They discussed the risks of induction for no medical reason, how it can lead to epidurals, episiotomies, prolonged labor, c-section...I think it's really cool he's this educated about birth and can talk to other guys about it! Who knew he really listened to all my speeches; I thought he was just being nice :) Of course, he did learn how to handle our planned unassisted homebirth so he's a bit more...
Quote: I like to know there are other moms like me, honestly I'm tired of seeing all the peaceful natural births where noone ever yells or cries. I'm a screamer, we know it, I wish it was different but this is my life. Thanks everyone! I told dh he needs to read up on the sections of my books about transition and I have talked to the midwife. Maybe #4 will be different...this pregnancy has been totally different from my other ones(no morning sickness this time!!) so I am...
Here's my experience. My youngest screamed bloody-murder in the car til she was around 1, I don't know if she outgrew it or really loved the "new" minivan we'd just bought. It was amazing though to not hear screaming when we went somewhere!   We had to: sing "the ants go marching", sing "hush" by Afroman(you know how babies can become attached to some weird things!), or I'd have to sit next to her and nurse her if dh was driving(and he usually was, as we only had the...
You can see the pinworms on yourself. To actually test, you'd put tape on your bum where they come out at night.   We've suffered with this before, and it was hard getting rid of them. Pin-X is the thing that finally got rid of them but I don't know about taking it while pregnant. I hope OP gets this taken care of soon! As my kids would say, it sucks.
I'm sorry people respond so negatively! That makes me feel sad. We at least had people pretend to be excited, both family and friends. Even my mother was happy. The thing is, 3 and 4 do seem boring to people...you're not new parents, you've done all this before, it's just not new and exciting anymore to most people. I'm not actually friends with or related to families with more kids than me but I do always try to seem excited. Even the surprise babies are a joy! I can't...
Well everyone thought we went nuts also! In fact, to tell the family, I had all the girls wear t-shirts that I made. The youngest's said "I'm gonna be a big sister!" The middle one's said "I'm gonna be a big sister again!" and the 16 year old's said "What was mama thinking?" LOL There were a couple of people (males) who seemed to think it's stupid for us to get pregnant again, but one is about 50 with a teen and a pre-teen and the other is my brother who isn't really...
Oh my goodness LOL I am 34 so not as "advanced" as you. My daughters are 16, 14 and 8. And I'm pregnant. That sort of tells you our similar situations! Neither one of us cares about the sex, and it does indeed look to be a girl again, but we have never cared either way.   Between #2 and #3 I wanted another baby so badly but we were waiting until finances were good enough to go for it. Then it took a year to get pregnant. #3 ended up being extremely high-needs and I...
Just ask :) I have 3 girls and one on the way.
Well I have around 11 weeks left and the closer it gets, the more I'm dreading the pain and feelings of transition. This is my 4th baby, the 2nd to be born at home but I have never used pain meds or epidural for birth.(definately need something for the afterpains, though!) I can handle the contractions up until I hit transition, then I lose control. The pain feels unbearable, I tend to yell and announce that I'm dying and things like that. I try so hard to stay on top of...
Ha- reading some of your answers about all the work that goes into putting a baby down without waking him...I remember that kind of thing, but what's funny is those same kids can grow up to sleep through anything whatsoever. And that's really fun on April Fool's Day when you are turning all their bedroom furniture around backwards with them IN the bed you're moving around :)