or Connect

Posts by purplerose

Aha my third screamed in her carseat until she was around 16 months old. We got a minivan and she magically stopped screaming. Also I ff her at the same time (in 2003 that WAS extended rf!)   My fourth has just in the past few weeks stopped screaming in the car, and she is now 19 months old. She is of course still rf for a long time but has a mirror where she can see me. She doesn't really pay much attention to me, though. These last two kids just really hated(HATED)...
Had to delete.
I know this thread faded, but I had an incident today and wanted to share. I HAD to get some groceries and have been putting it off and finally went while another kid had an appointment. My 19 month old did pretty well all through the store, but when we got in line to checkout, she had a meltdown. I couldn't hold her, couldn't put her down, couldn't put her in the cart, couldn't distract her with *anthing*. I had to finish up. One lady in front of us commented that my...
It is normal for your milk to not come in for 4 or more days after birth...the baby is not starving. No one should be giving bottles, the mom should just keep nursing to bring her milk in. If formula is truely needed for some reason, then it should be given with a syringe dropper to not get baby's latch messed up.
We tried one of the kids around 16 months at my mom's but I had to go get her like at 10/10:30pm. She "had a tantrum and pooped herself on purpose" when it was bedtime. My mom never liked that child after that and it totally changed our whole relationship. That child was extremely high needs and a close friend whose teen son had been the same level of high needs babysat her one night for dh and I to go to a concert (Nine Inch Nails!)(and I should mention this was...
My brother and his wife left their 6 week old with me for a whole weekend. And they kept up this behavior their kids' whole lives so far. Just to be alone together, not emergency. No way in hell I could do that so young. We got married and went out for two nights after and my parents kept the kids but they were 3years and 18 months old. I also have a neice whose mom left her at 8 days old overnight and went to the bar. I know because we were there (my kids were like 4...
This is a hard one! Some thoughts crossed my mind... Some of the things you listed just sound like a flamboyant gay man. Some of them sound like he is also one of those people who try to "bring out" a shy person, such as your daughter. Some people just can't let shy people alone and feel they must help them come out of their shell. I don't know about the constantly touching her hair, I mean he is a professional and should know better than to be really touchyfeely with...
It's good to know you don't experience the paranoia when ingesting it. I swore off it long ago when I had a horrible paranoid reaction when smoking it (the same reaction I have to the gas at the dentist, actually!!) Maybe there is hope in the future lol
You would call the police on a 13 year old sitting in a car alone? That 13 year old could get out if he wanted!! Maybe he didn't want to get out. I just can't imagine calling police on a bigger kid/teenager.
Thanks, bmcneal! I could use those hugs lol I badly need to go grocery shopping but I am reluctant to risk it.