or Connect

Posts by purplerose

That is not always an option. And if I did that, I would just never finish from having to always leave!! I had two kids who were great in the store so I "knew" what I was doing lol
tittipeitto-I am in total agreement with all you have said here! I have also struggled with the culture of covering ourselves without feeling like their body is bad. My 10 year old will change clothes right in the living room in front of the huge window for all the neighbors to see and I have to stop it. I remember once my little kids playing in the sprinklers at my inlaw's, and I had no changes of clothes(it was a last-minute idea) so I just let my 18 month old play...
mama505-my lo LOVES for other kids to talk to her! that would probably help more than anything I could do besides letting her run free lol
I don't see FAS running rampant in cultures where wine/beer is normally drank during pregnancy. I don't think our DNA in the US is that totally different!! We just tend to overreact about everything.
Starting from when I was about 8 or 9, all I wanted to do was sit in the car and read while mom shopped. She left me frequently, which was and still is pretty normal in my area. I go by what someone above said...if it's safe enough that I would send my children in alone, I leave them in the car alone. I do have teenagers and a 10 year old. I don't often leave the 10 year old in the car alone but I certainly leave teenagers alone(and I leave the 10 year old and toddler in...
Eggs work very quickly to stabilize my sugar. I basically eat lots of protein every 3 hours or I am shaky, weak and very sleepy. Another quick pick-me-up is a peanut butter and grated cheddar on wheat bread. Sounds weird but I love the combination. If I eat alot of sugar, it makes me very sleepy afterwards and extremely shaky. I try to stay away from white bread and potatoes. I have no idea what all this means. I tested my sugar for a few days and it was at pre diabetic...
My contractions definately got more painful as time went on. They start out menstrual cramp-like then towards the end it's...indescribable. Especially to a first time mom lol I think I had some positioning issues, maybe, with the two most painful ones. Honestly, after I first had my last baby, I thought to myself if I was ever to be pregnant again, it would have to end in a c-section bc I couldn't go through that again. We are "done" though.
HappyMonkey- I agree with letting the sreaming baby ahead of you! I have stood there with just a couple of things and a screaming baby, and no one would let me pass. Guess the screaming didn't bother them. It sure bothered me...I turn red, and sweaty, and stay on the verge of tears LOL   It is so rare that I come across a tantruming toddler, I can't even remember a specific time. It's always mine nowadays :oP I assume most parents just try not to bring theirs out...
We had sleepovers up until I moved out and had a baby. Occasionally there are sleepovers with our homeschool group moms where all the kids group up with dads and have sleepovers of their own while us moms get tipsy and loud, then go to sleep somewhere in the house.
I would love to sleep in a little, the housework be done the night before so I wake up to a clean kitchen/trash, and then the work be done again that night so it's not all saved for the next morning after everyone else is at school/work I'm left with my Mother's Day mess. And if the kids wouldn't argue and be bitchy at each other all day, that would be nice. They are too mean to each other for me to even bother thinking about going out for dinner.   This year is my...