or Connect

Posts by LunaLady

This thread is a year old. I would check Craigslist. Usually there are a few people around the area who have extra cultures and are willing to show you how to use them. Or you can watch YouTube Videos. 
Ergo for sure!!!
 I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this at all. This sort of behavior encourages retaliation. 'An eye for an eye'. It says that it's okay to hurt someone back if they have hurt you. 
Amazon has a really good price on the size cookie sheet I have (I like this size because it's easy to wash in the sink AND it fits in the dishwasher!) http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Stainless-Steel-Jelly-Baking/dp/B000F741DU/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_y $15 seems pretty good!
I looked more into this. Best way to tell if something is aluminum is to try putting a magnet on it - the magnet shouldn't hold, or if it does it will be very, very easy to pull off. Aluminum isn't magnetic! Anyhow, I went in the kitchen and pulled my pan out and a magnet off the fridge and VOILA! It stuck! And my pan is super shiny, it's not like the sort of cloudy shiny of aluminum. So, I'm pretty confident my pan is stainless steel. I think I just confused Norpro...
Curious. When I bought my Nordic Ware pan several years ago I was buying it TO replace aluminum ones, so I don't think I would have purposely bought aluminum again. Have they always been aluminum?
The one I linked above has been great! And I'm not super duper careful with it or anything. I put it through the dishwasher regularly.
 Hi Becky! Here's what we do:1. We roast chickens whole in the oven in a glass pyrex 9x13 dish. Veggies get roasted in the oven on a stainless steel cookie sheet. See below.2. Cookie sheet: We have ONE and it's stainless steel. Similar item on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Stainless-Steel-Jelly-Baking/dp/B000F741DU/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_y3. Baking dishes - we have a 9x13 glass pyrex and an 8x8 glass pyrex. You can find these at Goodwill all the time!4. Cooking utensils...
I think like with most big changes it take a while to get into the mindset. I have been actively 'simplifying' my stuff load for two years and just took a whole bunch more stuff to Goodwill in the last few weeks. What was once a 'must keep' when I was doing my initial cull two years ago is a 'definitely don't need that' today, even! For some things, not everything, obviously    I would just give it time and seems how you have the space there's no rush to cull.   Towels...
Thank you! I'm really excited. I just will love having a smaller space. Kind of like when i was a kid building a fort- i always set up house inside and loved the small space with little stuff.