or Connect

Posts by StepMomSmith

This thread is stressing me out a bit also.  As OP, I am trying to decide when to conceive my first child.  After having read all the posts, I can say that an alarming number of people have had fertility issues or have take years to conceive.  I have no idea what my fertility is like.  I can say that I'm very healthy- I eat well and exercise (Zumba, which is like dancing bootcamp).  My moms side of the family conceives quite well; my grandmother had 7 kids and my mom had...
Firstly, I agree that this is DH's fault and that he should NOT have depended on his child in that way.  But secondly, you need to take this situation very seriously because regardless of what she went through with her parents divorce, her actions are NOT ok.  Actually, they're illegal.  DH needs to see that and if he can't, then how can he be a positive influence on the child that you have with him? Not to sound heartless, because you obviously love this man, but he...
My husband and I have been married for 6 months, which means I've been in his daughters life for 18 months (shes 10 now) and, honestly, it was much more of a learning experience than I expected.  You have to define your role... I've decided to be the fun, but stern step-mom.  I take her out to eat sometimes or watch movies with her when my husband is at work (we have custody every weekend but sometimes he has to work).  But, I still require that her room is clean and do...
Not that we should take advise from serial murder tv shows but on Dexter, his girlfriend was having a problem like this.  The father had just gotten out of jail and of her kids were angry at her because she wouldn't let them be unsupervised with their dad, and even then, they didn't get to visit him as often as they liked.  They blamed her for him going back to jail.  So, she made the father explain to the children why he was in jail and why he could not see them...
You're right, he's not the jump up and down type.  He's an amazing husband, very loving, but not very excitable.  I suspect that he is nervous because of his first time around, with the unplanned pregnancy and the ex-wife.  Thanks for the advice : )
Your son may not be happy with your decision, but a lot of times in split households, the children don't understand the truth of the situation until they're older.  It's not the funnest few years but it's best for the kid and he'll understand that eventually.  Good luck!
It sounds like she is being unreasonable.  If he flew down there, does that mean you have him most of the time?  When he comes home, hand the summer camp situation over to his dad.  His dad should tell his mom that as DSS gets older, he'll just stop going to see his mom if this is how it is when he's there.  His mom can control him now because of custody arrangements and he's too young to drive away but when he's old enough to make his own decisions, he'll obviously...
I really appreciate the advice.  I think the medical side is important and poppies, thanks for pointing out that it may take longer than I expect to concieve or there could be other complications, I hadn't considered that.  I'm sure I'd handle complications a lot better when I'm younger than when I'm older.  I'm faced with the thought that 'we need to pay off everything, then get a house, then be settled in our careers,' to get pregnant, but I suppose other people have...
My 27th birthday is in a month and I got married in August.  Financially there's a lot to be desired and we are trying to make the right decision about when to have a baby.  I suppose, if we want to have 2 kids, we should get started, but is it really important to have kids by the time you're 30?  Is there a medical basis for that?  Or other reasons?
I'm obsessed with making a responsible decision.  I'm generally emotional so I want to get pregnant when it's the right time financially, emotionally and in our relationship.  I got married in August and we are just beginning to pay down our debt, but what I'm most worried about is knowing when it's the right time to let go of the independent, selfish lifestyle that I enjoy now... I like going home to silence and watching a movie that I like, eating odd combinations of...