or Connect

Posts by aniT

Quote: Originally Posted by journeymom Wow, that looks identical to the one I grew up with, and I'm 41 y.o. Yea.. it looks like the one my parents had.. and I am not quite that old.
Yes.. it is a three thing. My three year old is acting like that too. Frustrating I know!!! Yes it's December... My birthday is on the 24th. We shall see how it goes. I have put my foot down with my family and told them that Chrstimas is on the 25 from now on and I will never again allow my birthday to be cake on Chrstimas dinner. Pickings are going to be slim for the kids too.. Glad to have that barbie I picked up at a buy one get one free sale several months...
The cold wouldn't bother me. The cold sore would. I get cold sores and I am SO SO SO careful to keep my children away.. wash their hands if they accidentally touch my mouth, tell them mommy can hug them but has an owie on her mouth and they can have kissies when it's gone. Out of four kids only one gets cold sores and I have no idea where she picked it up, (although that one was bad at grabbing glasses and drinking out of them before you caught her. She actually...
Quote: Originally Posted by oursonend Is my relationship over? s
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean I wouldn't put it up. If she asks about it (which would be very rude), just say there was nowhere for it this year and change the subject. Before we were married MIL gave Dh a picture of herself in a frame. DH doest like his mother, isn't a fan of pictures and just shoved it in a drawer. When DH and I got married DD1 was 4. So MIL was over one day and looks at a picture of DD I have on the shelf and looks...
I wonder if he is trying to get you to pay for the freezer as well. $50 washer and $220 for the freezer.
Quote: Originally Posted by boheime I don't expect phone calls. However, with our siblings, I would be thrilled to even get one postcard once a year addressed to all of the kids saying, "Hope your are still alive." Our siblings seriously suck when it comes to being family - sibling or aunts and uncles. My parents and grandparents are all dead. Dh's mother is a narcissist and his father is an enabler. So, yeah, our kids got the short end of the stick when...
Quote: Originally Posted by littleteapot Meh, it's no biggie. I've never been bothered, so my kids aren't either. I also don't see why it's such a big deal if your kids (even teens) forget your birthday or forget to wish it to you. They have lives (and very big egos), too. Hehe.... seriously.. my mother (some one who is not required to call her grandchildren) would have your head if you forgot her birthday!!!
I don't expect aunts and uncles to call... however my mother wont even call my brother's kids. And when he gets upset about it she makes some stupid comment about how she is not "required" to call them. WTF??? My MIL never calls my kids at all either. She expects them to write. Whatever lady.
Quote: Originally Posted by MPsSweetie Wow, lots of us a bad thanksgiving. (((hugs))) to everyone! Both of my kids started v****ing on Tues, Wednesday was DSs 3rd bday, sick all day, okay Thurs morning, eat a bit, sick all night, better Fri, sick Saturday.... Is this ****ing week over yet?!?!?! I am DONE! Oh my kids had that.. sick one day.. fine the next.. sick again the next day.. and fine the next... I think it ended with diarrhea...