or Connect

Posts by aniT

Quote: Originally Posted by urklemama SF is crazy child-unfriendly, it has been for more than a decade. . Well then maybe it's that I just don't see this stuff and don't care what others think. I grew up 2 hours away.. granted my parents took us there once... but I have never heard this before nor have I run into it in the North Bay.
Quote: Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl Seriously?? There is huge stroller animosity in the Bay Area! Especially San Francisco. I've lived in Napa, Sonoma, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and, as a side note, Oregon. Of these the only place I have not seen it is Ashland. San Francisco is renowned for being one of the most child unfriendly cities in the country. Stroller or not people glare at you if you dare take your child out to eat (much like a...
Quote: Originally Posted by MadiMamacita what is not reflective of the west coast in general? are you still talking about strollers? I have lived in 5 different states all over the US and two different countries, plus a territory, plus spent a year traveling to 33 different countries. So I feel like I have had pretty broad experiences with all sorts of different folks. comments from previous threads..and yes strollers. I have just never...
Not having hot water would be unusual in the US. The OP doens't have a location listed but from her siggy it looks like she might be in Mexico or close to it.
Quote: Originally Posted by MadiMamacita I actually AGREE with you! OMG the world must have stopped spinning!
Quote: Originally Posted by MadiMamacita For the record, i have only lived in this state for a year and a half, so everything i talk about isnt necessarily reflective of the other side of the mountains Well I can only hope you are from the east cause a lot of it is not really reflective of the west coast in general.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife I have always been considerate with my stroller pushing, and as I said before haven't had an issue with others who use them -- but I'm sure there have been outsiders who gave me a glare I didn't noticed or grumbled b/c it took me a few more seconds to hold the door open for myself to pull the stroller all the way through. I have always backed out of doors when I have the stroller, then hold the door...
Oh mine was beautiful as a two year old. As a three year old.. not so much. The other day we walked down the bulk isle and he pulled every single scoop out of the holder and let them dangle on to the floor on their little bungy thingies. I followed him putting them back (they didn't hit the floor) and told him to stop. He stops and looks at me and says, "What mom? It's funny!" Oh yes.. he is his fathers child! I get the same response when I tell him not to push the...
Quote: Originally Posted by oiseau I'm with the PP who sees strollers as a necessary evil. I don't really notice strollers most of the time and I have no problem stepping aside so someone pushing a stroller can get by. I make a point to hold the door for parents with strollers. That being said, I do get a bit hostile towards strollers when I get bumped into (with no apology) by them or pushed out of the way by someone with a stroller or if someone blocks...
Quote: Originally Posted by pragmaticme I have yet to see a case of stroller rage in my neighborhood. And I live in an urban setting, but in Canada, so maybe we're more polite. I use a stroller, I am a courteous person by nature - as are most human beings. I believe people generally mean well. And most likely that harried, beleaguered mother that accidentally bumped you didn't mean to. If you go out into the world looking for offense you will...