or Connect

Posts by aniT

Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy If people aren't tipping well and I notice then I tend to tell them that outright. Some people are not aware servers make 1/2 min wage and that they are taxed on what they sell, not just what they "make" What???? I think that must be a state thing. I am pretty sure everywhere I have lived servers make at least minimum wage. After all.. that is WHY there is a minimum wage. And I have never heard of...
Quote: Originally Posted by angelcollector1 So, I have 2006 Chrysler Sebring. It has 58k miles on it. I have not had any problems with it at all until this morning when the temperature gauge was fluctuating but never got to hot. This afternoon when I left work, I started the car, turned on the a/c - I live in FL- temps are always in the 90s. Within 5 miles the thermostat immediately went to hot. I pulled off the road, turned the car off. Opened the hood...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 So they tipped her 10%? Yea.. I don't get the whole tip thing. 10% seems fine to me.. but Dh in my opinion often over-tips. I think restaurants should pay their waitresses a living wage instead of expecting people to pay X gratuities on their bills.. I don't see how asking that the bread be brought with the meal is a big deal.. however sending the salad back is a lil petty. I think the last line on...
Quote: Originally Posted by boobybunny I don't mind the brown dying grass so much as the weeds going to seed and the lack of attention and pride in their property. maybe they just have different priorities than you. I have kids to chase. I am busy making jam and canning food. During the school year I am driving all over creation taking kids to and from places. Weeding my yard is very very low on my list of priorities and DH wont do it. ...
I think that is fine.
Why would they put a natural gas line under a fully mature tree? If it is 200 years old.. you can be sure the tree was there first and fully gown!!! I am sorry you are loosing the tree.
Quote: Originally Posted by coyotemist Hey girls! Welcome Caitlin! We officially survived Charlie's first camping trip. At times it was worse than I imagined, at times it was better. My parents had mucho car problems and that was misery. Tina, you might want to beat me with a wet noodle, but I actually caved yesterday and gave Charlie some motrin. Breaking 4 teeth (2 are still in the process) in 2 weeks has made him a very very grumpy baby. No...
Quote: Originally Posted by FuzzyOne BUT - i was a latch key kid in middle and high school and in the hours before they got home is when i was up to the most mischief, so that is a situation i won't be putting my kids into if i have any control over it at all. I never considered kids who could legally stay home alone to be latch key kids. (10 in my state.) I was a latch key kid from 3rd grade on. When I was 16 my mom tried to come home and...
Quote: Originally Posted by darien Sort of a spin-off of the thread about free-range parents. I would consider myself sort of a very tense free-range parent. I agree with the idea, and I want my kids to be independent and feel competent. But, I do worry about them being abducted or molested (a little), and about them being hurt or scared when I'm not there (a lot). My dc are 12 and 4, btw. I especially worry, as many MDC mamas do, about getting "in...
I am so glad we don't live in a HOA. We would be dinged all the time for everything under the sun. My law is clover, dandelions sprinkled with a bit of lawn. It often gets too tall cause dh wont mow it. There are weeds on the side yard and our Christmas lights have been up for two years. I think our perfect, chemical lawned, neighbors hate us. Hehe. Someone even called the code enforcement officer because we had tarped bags of cement in the driveway while DH...