or Connect

Posts by aniT

Ask him why he feels he has no friends, why he treats the other children this way, and what it is he wants.
I have rode the train a few times with DH going to the zoo or somewhere major like that. However before moving to Portland (when I was in my 30's) I had never ever rode public transit. I still haven't rode a bus and I don't think I would take it without DH. Public transit was non-existent where I grew up. Where DH and I lived in the North Bay it was worthless. 2 hours to go 15 miles on the bus? NO thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by borbonmamma I didn't changed the twins from school becuase DD didn't fit in, I changed them becuase we moved to the other side of the city and I was not going to drive 30 minutes plus traffic everyday to take them to school. But that was not one of the reasons. DD did had friends there but most of them were DS's own friends. Moving and changing school can be hard on a kid. I know.. this happened to me all the time. ...
What I took from this was that DD didn't fit in in the old school and because of that and various other reasons you switched the kids to a public school where your son did not fit in. Did he have friends and fit in at his old school? I kind of feel that your DS is acting out because he was happy and then you moved him somewhere where he wasn't. But that is just my take.
Quote: Originally Posted by MarineWife T I'm not worried about typical illnesses like colds and flus and stomach things. It's the supposedly vax-preventive illness like whooping cough and measles. If there were an outbreak, I'm afraid my children could be more susceptible (or even blamed). I thought I read that one of the things to do if you don't vax your children is to keep them out of places where lots of children are kept together for long periods of...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarineWife . I don't know if any daycare places would accept them since they aren't vaccinated. Also, I'm not sure if it's safe to send them to a daycare without vaccinations. I wouldn't do that, anyway. I've done the daycare thing with my oldest and regret it. . on the misscarrige. I know how hard it can be. Sending the kids to family just so you can have a good cry would even be helpful. On the vaccination...
Nope I would not. Best to boost your immune system if you are worried.
Quote: Originally Posted by coyotemist Wow on the girls. I think I might have been mad. Oh, well, Meredith went out of her way to walk Destiny down to me when I was stuck in traffic. Then to get out of town I had to follow Ten Eyck down where it turns into Lusted to get to my dad's house, backwards from the usual way, but not stuck in traffic. Hope the paycheck was there! Just outta curiosity, did she walk down with all the girls? Was...
Quote: Thus, ACIP recommended in June 1999 that the all-IPV schedule begin January 1, 2000 My last vaxed daughter was born on Nov. 8th of 1998. I don't remember the exact polio schedule, doesn't it follow DPaT? She would have received her first two doses in 1999. Then possibly not received the others until after 2000? Or her doctors office knew this was coming and stopped ordering the OPV. Of course.. I received small pox after they stop giving...
Quote: Originally Posted by coyotemist Tina-you SHOULD come to Estacada. Talk to me ahead of time, I'll tell you where to park for free. Then it's just a small town traffic jam, the kids are in bed by 11:15, and this year the fire works went on for 45 minutes! Hugs, Ericka! Be glad for that time, tho, with Charlie I only got 13 weeks. He was also a preemie, and I tried as hard as I could, in the end it was the constant plugged ducts that did me in....