or Connect

Posts by aniT

Quote: Originally Posted by Leatherette I am sorry you are going through this, AniT. My mother said she wanted to apologize to me two years ago, and I took the bait. We went to her house (me and my sister), and she proceeded to yell at me about things that I "did" in high school (I was 36 when I met with her). Then I got yelled at for looking "uncomfortable", and what was wrong with me that I did not feel comfortable in my own mother's house (after...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jugs If I recall correctly, in 1997 the CDC changed the schedule to 2 doses of IPV and 2 doses of OPV, then did away with OPV in 2000. DD was born in late 98 and never had any OPV period. However I was addressing the fact that the other poster said they just did away with it 4 years ago.. so even by your schedule that was nearly 10 years ago.
You know.. there were only three of us.. and my mom paid virtually no attention to any of us either. She was always "too tired."
Quote: Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama I have never heard of Trichotillomania before. Interesting. That may explain why he is bald too. It appeared that he shaved his head though. Perhaps it was to keep from pulling out? I would guess that also explains why he had to stop mid-lap to do that too. So, wouldn't using nose hair trimmers help out with this or do people with this condition *have* to pull something and will just move on to...
Quote: Originally Posted by LionTigerBear Isn't it nice to be validated? Sigh. Well she has agreed to go in two week so we will see how that goes. Really.. I just want her to stop freaking out like a crazy person then lying to everyone and telling them I am the one that did this. These episodes often happen in front of my children too so I want to protect them from her insanity. I am only going for my daughter who is living with her... and...
Quote: Originally Posted by LionTigerBear If I went to counseling with my mom (pointless) this is probably how it would go. I can totally relate. Oh, except, it's my fault she beat me. I was such a naughty 5yo . . . . . . actually, I was a quiet, shy, reserved and obedient child. I got beaten for being "lazy", "stupid", and for standing near my mischievous older brother when he did naughty things. Oh, and for defending myself from him. ...
Well my daughter's councilor "suggested" my mom come to the next appointment which was today. What I learned today is: My mother "forgave" her mother for beating her every day for three years becuase she realizes she was under tremendous stress. And since she is her mother forgiving her was what you do as a sign of respect. My grandmother never appolgized and she never expected one. My mother has NOTHING to apologize for and it is rediculous of me to hold a...
Man.. did I derail the thread by mentioning the M&M's in the first place?
YOUR insurance (in the US) wont pay for anything except what is stated in the policy. Which does not include YOUR pain and suffering. My parents had a gasoline tanker crash through the sound wall behind their house shearing off a fire hydrant in the process and crashed into their pool. (thank god for the pool otherwise it would have landed in my daughter;s bedroom as we were staying there at the time!) They went through their homeowners insurance rather than...