or Connect

Posts by Lilcrunchie

We just moved back to the area and I'm in the same boat. Found someone locally who I read was okay with nonvaxing, etc. and I'm kinda meh for the long haul on that particular doctor. Still looking for the right fit and we're open to family practice or a ped. Someone mentioned a holistic leaning doc that recently (in the last year or so?) opened a practice in Chalfont. She's family practice I think. I'd have to dig up the old thread but I've been thinking of giving her...
Small world. We used Marilyn Nolt as our doula 6.5 years ago when my oldest was born. I used Hypnobirthing with him (I used a combo of Hypnobirthing and Hypnobabies with my next two kids). I had a really easy labor and delivery at Doylestown, and Marilyn was great. I was coping well and she just kinda stayed out of the way (which is what I wanted at the time) but was great at making sure I stayed hydrated. She was helpful when the nurse I had didn't want to hook me...
I recently saw this while looking for another thread of mine. Mrs Mike, thanks for sharing your experience. I took my ds2 in to see dr. miller a few months ago for a wbv...it was okay. I liked him, like his stance on vaxes, but am not entirely convinced he's the doc for us for several reasons. I appreciate reading your input.
We just moved out of the Triangle after 5 years of living there as a family while DH pursued his Phd. It is a great area. The HSing laws aren't the best, but look worse than they are. Most of the actual law requires you keep things on site (at your home) but those records are very, very rarely checked unless something unusual arises. So testing, etc looks worse on paper than in reality. I'm in PA right now and would love to have NC laws in comparison! The area is...
We just moved back to PA after 5 years in NC. One thing I was NOT thrilled about was the HS laws, which I was well aware of before the move. On the bright side, we have a while until we need to report (DS is 6), but yeah, I'm not fond of the laws here. In Philly proper it is tougher with the mandatory attendance being age 6 vs. 8 elsewhere in the state. It seems like the laws here are workable but you really just need to be familiar with the law. Find an USing...
DS has a congenital dental issue (supernumerary permanent tooth that has to be monitored as it may erupt into his sinus cavity. Lucky us!) that will eventually require oral surgery in the next year or so roughly. We recently relocated back to the area and I'd like to find a good dentist around Lansdale, Hatfield, Souderton, Quakertown, would consider maybe going as far as Doylestown, etc. Looking for gentle care, hopefully someone who doesn't use metal amalgams (if we...
DS2 was born with Deb O'Connell in March. It was a fantastic experience and I'd highly recommend her, but with your location, the CPM may be a better option I'm out of state now but saw this thread and wanted to highly recommend Deb.
awesome, Incamama. I totally appreciate the feedback. I need to at least set up an appt for my youngest for a WBV. Do they have long waits generally? I imagine no sick/well separate waiting areas since they are family practice? Our previous doc in NC was awesome and we had long waits and no separate waiting rooms, so those are definitely not deal killers for us...just curious. Good docs are worth the wait. I just have 2 older kiddos who will hate...
With my oldest I had noticeable transition. Lots of rectal pressure, got very hot, a little shaky. With DD, I showed up to the FSBC 10 cm dilated and totally effaced, membranes still intact. I never had a really noticeable transition with her. Looking back, my discomfort in the car was probably transition, but at the time, it didn't seem like the type of transition I had w/ my oldest. It was more a feeling of wow, these are finally getting kinda intense and I'm not...
When my 2nd child was born, it was at a FSBC and both of my parents waited out in the main "living area" space w/ my almost 3yo son. They came in as soon as she was born (at my invitation). With my 3rd, we had a homebirth. I called them part way through my 5 hour labor so they could be around if my kids needed the grandparents. We all hung out while I labored, kids were still sleeping (my parents came around 5 am). They were there for the whole thing...I was not...