or Connect

Posts by julieven

Is there anyone else out there who is done with ART, but not sure how to move on?   I am really trying, but I can't seem to shake the infertility mindset. I still get jealous over pregnancy and birth announcements. I still think about cycle timing.
happy - Exactly! I am happy with DD and focusing on her. If we have another, awesome. If not, there is still so much to experience with DD. I want to really be there for her/with her. Not worrying about what could have been/will be.   We took DD indoor rock climbing and to a waterpark this weekend. At both places, she told me how happy she was that I was "better". And that she didn't have any brothers or sisters to "take her turns". It was wonderful enjoying our...
emski and waturmama - We did go the whole intervention route. Both my DH and I were tested for everything, including genetics, and there is no medical reason for our lack of second child. So there is no problem to fix. If there had been a problem, I think it would have been better. Weird thing to say, but at least there would be a reason. Whether or not we had something to fix and if we would have done that, I can't say.    happy - I thought a lot about whether I...
I have known more adults who are content with being an only child than vice versa. Personally, I have never tried to reason out or rationalize my DD being an only because it's not really a choice for us medically. Anyway, I wonder if having a sibling would really change who my DD is (her personality, her likes/dislikes, her choices). I have one sister who I have always gotten along with fine, but its not like I could not exist without her. I don't make choices with her...
Hi Waturmama - Just checking in to see how things are going with you.   My so-far-an-only turned 6 yesterday. We went to see a movie in the theater and there were a lot of toddlers/infants. It was really weird to imagine that I could have had a one year old with us and thinking about being a mother to a baby/toddler again felt so foreign/surreal...I don't know what to make of that feeling.
You know, I don't really worry about keeping my DD out of our adult world. She has grown up listening to NPR news, listening to us discuss paying bills, knowing about medical issues, etc. I guess I've always thought she is going to be a grown-up and seeing "her" grown-ups figure life out is enriching her in some way. She is free to listen, ask questions, or go about with her own stuff (which she does more than not).   However, our actual day to day life is...
My DD *loves* attending school. She has been to a private 3k (2hrs M, W, F), private 4k (4hrs M-F), and public 5k (7hrs M-F). She has also been in before and after care with the same programs (nap time after lunch for 3k and 4k).   Our local YMCA and community parks and recreation departments have pre-school programs and gym/art/music classes for home school kids. Maybe trying out a session of outside the home classes would give you some insight on what would suit...
Again - right there with you. I don't want my DD to be an only child, but she is happy. She said she is the only kid in her class that doesn't have a brother or sister and asked if she was spoiled (like her classmates said she was). I had to say she is spoiled with attention, but that is not necessarily a bad thing, right?   I think it's easier in the long run that your DS knows about the losses. And also the emotions. And seeing their parents work through reality vs...
Hi WaturMama - Similar situation here.   My almost 6 year old DD was easy. We were ready for another when she was 18 months old but it does not seem it was meant to be. We did two years of ART (3 IUI's all BFN), 1 IVF (miscarriage @ 12 weeks) and 1 FET (BFN). We have had every test out there and both my DH and I are medically and genetically normal. We are done with ART and just letting whatever happens happen. I am 35 now so the odds are against us having another...
I have never been asked about having another child.   My husband would say it's because most people would ask him instead, since he is much friendlier than I am. I don't know if guys really talk about stuff like that?   When I was dealing with infertility treatments and looking rather pregnant, even when I was not, or recovering from miscarriage, I had a few people ask if I was expecting. My answer was: "Why do you ask?" A few mumbles or blank stare later and I...