or Connect

Posts by julieven

April - It was my question. Kinda same boat here, except DD pieced together the shots/appts with my pregnancy on her own. She began telling her teachers/friends at school around the time I started having symptoms, even though we were super careful not to say anything in front of her. She even asked if that baby dying (her explanation for the mc/d&c) was because of all the shots. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Belly - You know what boggles my mind is that DD was conceived naturally (without any temping, charting, timed intercourse, etc., you know - like normal people!) and DH probably had the same issues then. What gives?   Kewpie - Thanks for your perspective. I know it is more accurate than my fantasy world.   Blue - I don't think he had an ultrasound. It was identified with the physical exam, which he started to complain about until he saw the disbelieving look on...
Hi all - So I am realizing that I may have went a teeny bit overboard with DH's new diagnosis. It was so exciting to actually have an identified thing that perhaps could be fixed. The plan is for DH to get a newer SA and meet with the urologist again in three weeks. Those results will determine if surgery would be worth it. DH said he wants to get the surgery, but there is a chance that his results will be close to normal enough that the Dr won't offer the surgery since...
Blue - I found this online that sounds like what my DH told me this afternoon (from CMRM): Treatment options to aid with fertility include surgical varicocele repair, angiographic embolization, intrauterine insemination, in-vitro fertilization and medical therapy with clomid. Surgical repair offers the best results. Semen improvement is expected in up to 70% of men and pregnancy in up to 60% of couples within the first two years after successful repair (study by...
ok ladies - i should really be working since I am absolutely swamped right now, but...DH had his appointment with the urologist today and guess what? Varicocele! I am in a tizzy. This could change everything for us. Previously it was just poor morphology=MFI. Now an actual diagnosis that is treatable. I can't work at all, I just keep thinking this might be it. If DH has the suggested surgery, we may not need anymore ART. No IVF in January!?! A free baby?!? Absolutely in...
Kewpie - Glad to hear your update! If it helps to soothe your anxiety, I had regular contractions with my daughter starting shortly after the 20 week US and kept on having them until I was induced on her due date. The diagnosis was irritable uterus. These were not braxton hicks; they hurt and were every 5 minutes all day every day. No medication, just bedrest and NST every other day and weekly US to make sure she was still ok.   Belly - That is a lot of drugs! I hope...
april - most hospitals with emergency rooms take the used sharps containers for free, as well as larger clinics that do out-patient surgery. I believe they are incinerated with the other biomed waste, not just thrown into the trash.
Renavoo - Can you please add me to waiting? Waiting for karyotype results, DH's urologist appt, my perinatologist appt, and the new year to free up some insurance coverage.    Belly - Sorry about the perfect cycle and BFN. I sympathize since that was my last cycle too. As for which clinic to choose, that is a tough one. Statistics are one thing, but your peace of mind/comfort is just as important, IMO. Probably not very helpful, but there you go...   Kewpie -...
Laggie - I was also prescribed BCP for the first month of the two month FET cycle. I was also told it was for suppression.   Belly - I hope your transfer went well today.   Still lurking on this thread, although I won't even be in the Fall IVF thread. Maybe the Winter IVF thread...
I am looking for a some advice from anyone who has a school age child and is in the midst of IVF. Our daughter is five and we are going to be starting our second fresh IVF this January. She did not notice anything when we did three IUIs, but she did wonder what was going on with her mama with our first IVF. Although that IVF worked, I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks, just days after we told her she was finally going to be a big sister. I want to be honest with her...