or Connect

Posts by julieven

I spent a good twenty minutes catching up on all the updates and then my personal posts was disappeared. Which is just great, since for the first time in my life I have some pretty extreme PMS. Like I should be locked away for other people's protection. When my rationale mind is functioning, I blame the drugs/hormones. Too bad my non-rationale, hormone-riddled rest of me is one big scary monster right now. I had to hang up on a work call because I was getting so angry I...
Blue - I am so sorry.   Taxlady - I hope things take a better turn.   rcr - I am sorry to hear your dog is ill. My 6yo dog has a chronic disease and I hate that there is nothing we can do for her.   Keria - I agree with Silver. It is always your choice.   Monkey - When I ask my RE nurse the whys of progesterone she told me the stimulation and suppression drugs can interfer with progesterone creation in your body, so they supplement to make sure it stays...
The information from my RE was more directed at the safety NSAIDs while pregnant, not TTC. If you are having a HSG, I assume you had to have a negative pregnancy test that day. Same with a SHG (sonohystogram), scheduled for day 3 of a cycle (period = not pregnant). I can tell you when I got a severe pelvic infection from an otherwise uneventful IUI that landed my in the hospital for 3 days last summer, until I started my period and the blood pregnancy test came back...
OP - As a child of a mother who took too long to decide (father's addictions and depression escalated to violence and "episodes") you don't have to make a permanent decision. Your kids know something is up now, even if you don't talk about it or the emotional stuff is not directed at them, they still know. One of the few memories I have of my early childhood is wondering when we (mother, sister, and myself) were going to leave. I knew my dad had problems, I knew we were...
Belly - It is nice to know you are being told the same thing. Sometimes with all the different protocols, medications, and timings, it really makes me stress out. I have gotten much better at just making a choice and then moving on (after I worry myself sleepless for few days/weeks first :) After that, what will be will be.    Blue - The chart was right for my daughter. And for my best friend for both her kids. On of the nurses that I work with was a OB/GYN nurse and...
Laggie - I don't think you are being a nerd. I had not noticed that before. I meant FET as frozen embryo transfer. My RE says it as a word, not an acronym. Unlike IVF which is just the acronym. I can't recall if ICSI is said as a word, but that bugged me too. I am a technical writer in the medical industry and all the acronyms get ridiculous with the lack of consistency. How much time does it save if you just have to tell people the spelled out version anyway? Now I am...
I had a conversation with my RE yesterday and she recommended DET for FET in our case. Even with good quality eggs, they just don't see the same success rates with SET for a FET cycle. Obviously its our choice and our money and my body.   I work with a bunch of nurses and they all have given me the same advice: Do the research, find a doctor that you like and trust, understand your risks, but don't let fear stop you from making a choice. I don't mean that in a...
Our dog is getting on in years and had some rear end issues in January. The vet/vet techs took care of the glands and told us to get a better quality dog food to bulk up her stools so the natural digestion/elimination process will naturally express the glands. We switched her to Evo and its has all cleared up. Its more expensive, but she seems happier too. She still gets other foods, but we mix them into the dry food so she gets more of the dry food.
We have had three house rabbit. One spayed female and two neutered males. Please be aware that not all rabbits get along. Ours fought in any combination (biting, scratching, kicking) and we got bit and scratched pretty badly (left scars) separating them. We had to get three indoor cages and rotate their playtime out of the cages. They would still fight through the cage bars. Two loved human contact, one preferred to be left alone (growls and lunges at us). The one who...
Laggie - Thank you for posting that decision aid link. We have to sign consents on Monday which includes how many frozen embryos to thaw for transfer. We did two day 5 excellent quality embryos for our fresh cycle and both implanted. One was an empty sack, but still for someone not able to get pregnant for four years, it was unexpected. We have four very good/good quality frozen day 5 embryos. Lots to consider.